• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trail-cam pictures.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time of Impact.
IMG_1628.jpeg

I was checking one of my lock-on stands and noticed the ground below the stand was completely torn up, dirt thrown everywhere, lots of bare patches of ground. I decided that two bucks must have had a knock down drag out fight there and wondered how big the bucks were.

I pulled the card on a camera I had facing a food plot very close to where the bucks were fighting. I had a picture of either the winner chasing off the loser or the loser being chased off by the winner. As you can see the buck in the picture has a recent wound to his leg.

fighting buck.JPG

I was checking one of my lock-on stands and noticed the ground below the stand was completely torn up, dirt thrown everywhere, lots of bare patches of ground. I decided that two bucks must have had a knock down drag out fight there and wondered how big the bucks were.

I pulled the card on a camera I had facing a food plot very close to where the bucks were fighting. I had a picture of either the winner chasing off the loser or the loser being chased off by the winner. As you can see the buck in the picture has a recent wound to his leg.

View attachment 275264
thats a nice buck. thanks for sharing

Down here in the Ozarks that's eatin' size! A native Michigander who I used to work with down here used to rag me about the size of our deer. He called them 'poodles'. I said, "Well, it's the 'Quality' of the meat, LOL! Besides, I can drag one of these out without a Minneapolis Moline!
Besides, you have to be a good shot to kill the small ones.

There will be some serious debate in my head 2 months from now if these three come walking by once archery season is under way. As of Sept. 15th, are the little ones okay without mom? This choice usually presents itself once a year or so. I usually let mom walk if the little ones have any signs of still having spots. With the fawn mortality rate so high here I want then to have every chance they possibly can of making it to adulthood.
I would just think backstraps and tacos. Mom would cut them loose one she goes in flux come November. I'm more of a meat hunter though.

Latest posts

Back