• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many MLers have started with a CVA or Traditions but then moved on to a custom or professional built gun. I think Traditions has created a bunch of Kibler shooters. šŸ˜€
Absolutely true. I started with a TC back in 80. I doubt I shot that gun a year before I built something better. It's been a 43 year quest now for perfection.
Now before everybody gets offended, the TC was a fine gun but just not what I really wanted.

I can see you and i will never gee haw because your into a fun post thing. So you want to trade him your Pedersoli for his Traditions.
Just saw the opportunity to help you to get rid of a gun you have stated you hate, you know the ā€˜Pedersorryā€™ you so eloquently described. Thought it would be a win-win.

Well, when I ordered my Traditions, I couldnā€™t find your checkbook; so I had to use mineā€¦
And that's your business. If that's all you can afford, great.

Funny how it's taboo to trash somebody's choice in going with Traditions, yet it's perfectly OK to scorn those of us who can, or simply choose to go with better quality firearms. Not my fault your checkbook is full of cobwebs. Blame yourself for that!

Last edited:

Funny how it's taboo to trash somebody's choice in going with Traditions, yet it's perfectly OK to scorn those of us who can, or simply choose to go with better quality firearms. Not my fault your checkbook is full of cobwebs. Blame yourself for that!
Gentlemen,
In consideration of today's climate, in regard to discussions turning into slightly personal events. In order to allow for much needed stress relief, I suggest we start a new Forum Thread similar to "what did you do today." We can call it "The Snipe Hunt" were everyone can pick their own topic to get someone else involved in Snipping each other. We'll also be able to explain to the younger generation what an actual snipe hunt was like in the good old days....for those that never went on a late-night Snipe Hunt. WZ

Gentlemen,
In consideration of today's climate, in regard to discussions turning into slightly personal events. In order to allow for much needed stress relief, I suggest we start a new Forum Thread similar to "what did you do today." We can call it "The Snipe Hunt" were everyone can pick their own topic to get someone else involved in Snipping each other. We'll also be able to explain to the younger generation what an actual snipe hunt was like in the good old days....for those that never went on a late-night Snipe Hunt. WZ
I think all everybody ought to go outside and do things instead of read about them. I used to like people before I found internet forums.

agree

I've worked on a Tom of custom guns and I wouldn't buy one unless I could take it apart and inspect it. Brand new guns at that.

At least with a lower priced gun, you expect shortcuts.
I can only shutter thinking about future generations thoughts, if "Bubba's" rifles are the only surviving examples of today's muzzleloading culture.

Well if I am not mistaken (highly likely as I made my weekly mistake Tuesday) I believe the BS started from the "other side" damning those that are happy with an inexpensive black powder rifle/pistol. I have only a Kibler as an "upper class" weapon but I have over 20 BP arms. If customs was my priority I could afford to use my own check book and am smart enough to get away with it (SWMBO CAN be fooled).

THIS IS WHY FOLKS LEAVE THE FORUM. Unwarranted attacks based only on personal opinion/prefrerence. Thank God I was able to score a cheap cva kit at age 10 to get me hooked. Much better vise than Booze or worse. If those were not available I am afrraid my paper route money would have prevented me from ever getting started.

Hey u :)

View attachment 237124

My two Traditiions guns. A Crockett rifle and pistol! Love them! Some arenā€™t fans but I think theyā€™re a good BANG for the buck. Love them!!

Anyone else like Traditions?

I like them. There is no way I would put tacks into a $1500 curly maple rifle but you found something at a price point where you can. Smart and fun. Now go shoot them and work up a load.

Is that just simple furniture tacks?

Geeze I hope not. Mine are $29.99 each, made in china and hard to come by. JK I dont mind tacks in others guns but mine dont have any, not the looks (looks ok alot of the time) its the stock damage and my fear they would fall out in the field. Also not sure I could get used to the "feel". Maybe one on a smoothy to asist with consistent mounting (with no rear sight?).

It's pretty obvious you enjoy controversy. You need a hobby besides criticizing me. I'd prefer you put me on ignore along with all the others that have supposedly done the same. :thumb:
As I stated earlier you brought this back from seven pages ago and then made a snarky comment to go along with it.
Go kick your dog. You'll feel better.
Again, I read this in the morning. It comes as a digest. I donā€™t track Mike Brooks down.

As to controversy, I see you p last that all the time. You like the whole curmudgeonly old grump thing. You surely like to attack people.

Strange, Iā€™ve even defended you. You need to lighten up. I said ā€œhere we goā€ and there you went. Whatā€™s wrong with you?

Back