• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjr902

36 Cal.
Reaction score
The Bass Pro fall hunting catalog got here yesterday. The offer Traditions Revolvers. How do they compare to Peitta, Uberti, etc. The prices are much higher for the Traditions than the Peitta. Thanks in advance

MMMMMM thats a new one on me , i did not know that
tradtions made revolvers.??? :idunno: .
Boomm.

I stopped buying Piettas all together. Just the amount writing they put on them is annoying. I only get Uberti’s now. I didn't like the Traditions I handled at Bass Pro so I have never owned one. I kinda suspect they are made by Pietta.

Yep, they are Pietta. I saw those starter kits at Basspro and they are clearly marked Pietta. They are overpriced and not worth it.

Traditions doesn't make anything except sales.
They are an importing house, buying most of their long guns and single shot pistols from Spain (Ardesa), and most (if not all) of their revolvers from Italy (Pietta).

The Traditions revolvers are marked with their name but are made by Pietta. They're also covered by Traditions own 1 year warranty. That's probably the reason why they cost more verses a Pietta revolver from Cabela's. Cabela's has a no hassle return policy but doesn't offer a 1 year warranty.
http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/products/CAP BALL REVOLVER INFO 2.pdf

One Year Limited Warranty

Traditions warrants this product to be free of defects in material or
craftsmanship for one year from the date of purchase and will repair or
replace, at its option, without charge, our product which is returned at
the owner’s expense to Traditions. Please enclose a full explanation of
the specific problem with the returned item.
Traditions will not be responsible for damage to the finished gun or
to any of its parts, as a result of careless handling, improper loading,
corrosion, neglect, misuse, alteration or damage to parts. Incidental or
consequential damages and those caused by improper packaging for
shipping, are not covered by this warranty. Damage to metal or wood is
not covered due to the inability of Traditions to control its use and
storage conditions.
This warranty will remain in force unless any of the following is
determined by the Traditions Customer Service Department:
1. Use of any propellant other than black powder or Pyrodex®.
2. Use of any propellant charges in excess of those recommended in
these Traditions shooting instructions.
3. Modification of component parts from their original configuration
as they were shipped from the factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen a Traditions percussion revolver marked with their name for over 20yrs. Are they again marking their revolvers? Where are they marked? Originally they were on the lower left side of the barrel just above the loading lever.

I think that you're right that their revolvers aren't actually marked "Traditions" anymore.
But they do maintain a registry of all of the serial numbers that they import for warranty purposes, and their guns also come with Traditions own packaging and owner's manual.

I have a Traditions Spiller&Burr. There is only 1 marking on the pistol (C.S.). Stamped on the right side of the brass frame. How do I know it's a Traditions? It came in a Tradions box. But the box also says F.LLI PIETTA Made in Italy. I bought it used never fired condition. I use it mostly for my for my 2nd. Kentucky Morgans' Raiders persona when I play on the Bullpups. It has killed a few yankees in it's time.

Latest posts

Back