• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watauga

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have found a Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle for sale.
Price is right?
Have any of you owned one or shot one?
Would you buy one?
.50cal
Cap lock
Clean no rust good wood (missing one heart inlay by the trigger)
$180.00
Thanks for advise!

YES!!! I have a traditions kentucky that I got for $170 and it shoots great. The pennsylvania is even better than the kentucky. Buy it.

are yall buying these off the web or locally? where can someone get one for this price? or even in the 200 range?

I have two pennsylvanias one flint and one capper and a shenandoah flinter. I have no complaints with any of them. $180.00 for one in the shape you say is a steal IMHO. TBONE.

Watauga said:
I have found a Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle for sale.
Price is right?
Have any of you owned one or shot one?
Would you buy one?
.50cal
Cap lock
Clean no rust good wood (missing one heart inlay by the trigger)
$180.00
Thanks for advise!
Whether or not that's a good price depends entirely on the condition of the bore. Does "clean no rust" include the bore all the way down to the breech?

I say DON'T buy it until that's determined. If it's a mail order sale get a 'no questions asked' money back return guarantee.

Thanks every one for the Information and opinions!
I bit the bullet and offered the guy $150.00
He took the deal.
After the money changed hands he told me a Guy traded it and cash on a T/C Encore for Deer hunting.
He says he did good on the T/C (I bet he did good on the Pennsylvania to!)
I'm glad you helped to nudge me to buy it.
On the way out of the store a guy sees it and said he was on the way in to buy it just then.

PS: I learned you can't pull a ramrod on this in the house if you don't tilt it over it hits the ceiling!

It is at a local Pawn Shop.
Things are really tight around Indiana(And every place else I guess)Some nice older Black Powder Rifles are being traded in and Pawned to get Cash or one of the new In-lines for Deer Hunting.

I would recommend checking local Pawn Shops sometimes you get lucky!
All of these guns are from local Pawn Shops.
The Ardesa Frontier $77.00
the top T/C Hawken $150.00 near new
bottom T/C Hawken $35.00 cracked stock dirty barrel (Fixed and clean now)
Traditions Pennsylvania $150.00 (missing 1 heart inlay) ( Would you name a Rifle Heartless?)
All are .50 cal and the top 3 are good shooters
Haven't had a chance to shoot the Traditions Pennsylvania :(
the Traditions Pennsylvania is the Rifle I was asking advise about
Thanks again :thumbsup:
GunRack.jpg

I get dizzy looking at that (admittedly nice) photo. Something about the perspective. It looks like the rack spans a corner but the guns look flat on the wall. :rotf: :redface:

Good call Hanshi! I was trying to get all of the Rifle to show but the Pennsylvania is to long to fit and be big enough to see well.
A Mirror is below the rack and shows Rifles we don't talk about in this Forum in a reflection.
Plus I was trying to not get the flash to reflect back at the camera. :hatsoff:

Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle Update.
I did not know it at the time but these rifles have a lifetime warranty. :thumbsup:
I called to order the heart inlay and they sent it to me free!
The Brass is bright on the new heart.
I am trying to decide? to polish the rest to match or not?

I own and shoot a Traditions Penn 50 caliber flintlock rifle. The lock geometry is good, the flint strikes the frizzen on the upper 1/3rd, frizzen throws good sparks, touch hole is in good location, frizzen spring has 3.33lbs, trigger let off is crisp, easy on flints, goes bang every time, rifle is accurate. On the minus side, The stock bangs me in the face if I do not hold my cheek off the stock, probably from the way I hold it when shooting. The fit and finish is not near as good as my T/C percussion Hawken. I would recommend you buy this rifle provided the barrel is in good shape.
Cheers & TIghter Groups: Eaglesnester :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back