• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Pennsylvania Rifle ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two-bit

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello all. I recently acquired a rifle and am fairly sure i know what i bought...but not 100%.
I do not have a smart phone, so pictures would have to be taken by my wife, sent to my email, downloaded to my computer, and finally get here. If ya really need them. I can get them. Just take a bit.
It looks like a Traditions Pennsylvania rifle, but the ones i am finding on-line have a barrel length of 33 1/2". The barrel on this one is 40 1/4". The patch box, ornate brass inlays match in design but not number. The ones online have two inlays in the stock under the barrel, mine has three. I assume this is just a barrel/stock length difference.
Barrel is marked as follows.
lock side.... R. 50CL 1-66"
non lock side..... Traditions Deer River CT USA Made in Spain 288022

So..... this is a Traditions marked rifle, cap lock ignition, .50 cal, looks like what i am seeing on line as a Pennsylvania rifle except its longer and has no model name on it.
Fairly sure it is a Penn. but not 100% sure.
Thanks all,
Two-bit

Hello all. I recently acquired a rifle and am fairly sure i know what i bought...but not 100%.
I do not have a smart phone, so pictures would have to be taken by my wife, sent to my email, downloaded to my computer, and finally get here. If ya really need them. I can get them. Just take a bit.
It looks like a Traditions Pennsylvania rifle, but the ones i am finding on-line have a barrel length of 33 1/2". The barrel on this one is 40 1/4". The patch box, ornate brass inlays match in design but not number. The ones online have two inlays in the stock under the barrel, mine has three. I assume this is just a barrel/stock length difference.
Barrel is marked as follows.
lock side.... R. 50CL 1-66"
non lock side..... Traditions Deer River CT USA Made in Spain 288022

So..... this is a Traditions marked rifle, cap lock ignition, .50 cal, looks like what i am seeing on line as a Pennsylvania rifle except its longer and has no model name on it.
Fairly sure it is a Penn. but not 100% sure.
Thanks all,
Two-bit
The older ones had the longer bbl. The new ones use the same bbl as their Kentucky model.

That must be an oldie. I used to live in Connecticut. Traditions moved to Old Saybrook, Connecticut from Deep River, Ct.
I think it was back in the early or mid 1980's.

Latest posts

Back