• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Pa. Pellet Inexpensive or cheap?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

40 Cal
Reaction score
First off, let me say that I am brand new to flintlock hunting. I have been hunting my entire life and been around guns my entire life. I have hunted with in line muzzle loaders for many years. I bought the Pa. Pellet for the simple reason that it gave me the ability to hunt for a few more weeks in northwest Pa. without breaking the bank.

I am well aware that flintlock hunting is a tradition unlike most others; and I have the utmost respect for that because that’s what hunting is supposed to be!

I guess my questions about this gun are centered around finding out if I am missing things due to my inexperience or is this gun a hot mess?

• The trigger ….. this has the worst trigger I have ever seen on ANY gun! It’s simple, it works, but it could easily be so much better.
  • No flint?????????? I think this is the only gun I have ever bought that could not be fired right out of the box. No flint is like making a rifle without a firing pin.
  • Scope mounts??????????? The gun has scope mounts but unless I am missing something what good are they? A scope would have to be 4 inches above the barrel to allow the hammer to work.
  • Sling mounts ……… This is the dumbest of the dumb things on this gun. In order to properly clean a muzzle loader, you really need to be able to handle the barrel , yet the sling mounts are permanent and thus, you cannot separate the barrel from the stock to clean it …….. because the sling mounts are permanent, the barrel and stock remain tethered to each other.

The gun works, it has some great features, and I am happy I got another deer season for $450. But ……. am I missing something or did a company that has been in the flintlock business forever totally drop the ball on these simple things?

FYI ….. for anyone who cares, I found a fix for the sling mounts. I cut the two metal loops off the studs, drilled the studs out, and now I have quick disconnect sling mounts.

Back