• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Traditions Kentucky Flintlock Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanlpuckett

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good evening guys, I hope that all is well. I have a Kentucky Flintlock Lock up for grabs. I never used it other than check sparks, and it is a good sparker. I dont honestly know much about them, some say garbage, others say good or decent, it gets the job done. I am new to Flintlock shooting, though not muzzle loading, but I am not going to say it's great or garbage. The spring is tight, timing seemingly is on time, and all components are tight fitting, no rattle or play, under tension or at rest. I would have used it though elected for a L&R replacement, but in all honesty they in my opinion spark the same, but that may be do to the crappy flint I installed 😆 I don't want to offend anyone, by selling what some may consider manure, but it really is a decent lock, again, just my opinion.
injust figured that someone may want a new spare lock or In need of a replacement. I wanted to try with you guys first, and may list on ebay should there be no takers. I would like 150.00, but shoot me an offer.
20230617_070917.jpg
20230617_070848.jpg
20230617_070825.jpg
20230617_070756.jpg
20230617_070736.jpg
20230617_070719.jpg
20230617_070643.jpg

Last edited:
No sir, the name does not sound familiar. I am from Indiana originally, and now reside in California.

Best

Ryan

I knew a Puckett that worked for a Japanese plant in southern Indiana. I sti;; live in Indiana. Skinner name is Hornbender. I make powder horns. Be well.

I am sure there is a connection somewhere, my name is pretty unique, with most sharing a connection. My great grandfather, x 7 generations, Drury was his name, served in the French Indiana campaign, and again in the revolution. George Washington wrote of him in his personal journals. He was stationed at Ft. Glade Hollow, and was involved in the first battle of the revolution, at Pt. Pleasant. A skirmish with a tribal group that were paid by the British to aid in an onslaught against the colonies fortress network. Anyway, long story, from a long time ago.

Best

Ryan

Reactions: smo
Wow what a good backround. Be honored by it. I hand an ancestor that fought with Braddick in the French and Indian war. I had a James K Pratt the fought with the Lighting brigade With a spence carbine in the civil war.
Maybe that is why rifles interest us so much. Be well friend

Yes, agreed, as I think we pick up traits from our heritage. I love the old rifles, the history, the heritage in general. I to had many ancestors in the Civil War, around five hundred on each side. It sounds like you have quite the ancestry also.

Best

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back