• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Blunderbuss flare

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
For anyone else. who like me, was wondering if the blunderbuss barrel was one piece or if the flare was a separate piece, Wonder no more. I unscrewed the end off mine today. I wanted to know if i could bore the barrel out to .58cal/.24ga and now i know i can.

Attachments

• 100_1333.JPG
    100_1333.JPG
    845.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_1319.JPG
    100_1319.JPG
    773.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1327.JPG
    100_1327.JPG
    831.7 KB · Views: 0
Good to know. I've wondered about that because I've wanted one for a while. Just didn't want to saw it off. Now I'm thinking machine a thread cover for it and add a front sight. I love short guns.

Good to know. I've wondered about that because I've wanted one for a while. Just didn't want to saw it off. Now I'm thinking machine a thread cover for it and add a front sight. I love short guns.
Or, just shorten that flare until it is as tall as a front sight. Sell you the one i have. It is still brand new but tomorrow i was going to have it bored out to .58 ca and shorten the flare.

For anyone else. who like me, was wondering if the blunderbuss barrel was one piece or if the flare was a separate piece, Wonder no more. I unscrewed the end off mine today. I wanted to know if i could bore the barrel out to .58cal/.24ga and now i know i can.
Awesome ! How difficult was it to remove ? Was it Loctited ? Tools used ? Heat required ? -Thanks

I looked at that blunderbuss but it looked too “cartoonish” so I bought an Indian made one now I’m dealing with that.

Keep us posted on your project it should be interesting.

I just got back from my machinist buddies where he put the barrel in his lathe and drilled the bore out to 37/64", .58cal/.24ga, and shortened the cone. Here are pics now. Now i will lap the barrel out with sandpaper on a rod to smooth out any machineing marks.

Attachments

• 100_1334.JPG
    100_1334.JPG
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1335.JPG
    100_1335.JPG
    838.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1336.JPG
    100_1336.JPG
    752.8 KB · Views: 0
Yea, i thought so too. Still enough flare to look blunderbussish and help loading shot and make it easier to sight. May see if it will sell now being .24 ga/.58 cal and with the flare shortened.

Latest posts

Back