• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional muzzleloading on the wane?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundball said:
Its always amazing at how quiet it gets when you force someone to deal with facts instead of rhetoric, LOL
CowboyCS wants you to know that he won't be responding, because I've decided to stop "supporting" his ability to participate.

It seems to me that it's easier to know who supports our 2nd Amendment rights than those who would destroy them. Organizations like the NRA, NSSF, NMLRA and state elements such as Buckeye Firearms Association here in Ohio are doing all they can to preserve our freedoms. Failing to support them because one doesn't agree with every single thing they've said or done is simply "cutting off your nose to spite your face". I've found that the ones who won't even join the NRA are usually just cheap and lazy and expect others to carry their load, but they don't hesitate to rant about the situation, and will even vote for politicians who are against us, if they vote at all. It's all very frustrating.

nothing like one big happy family.

Definitely cant let inlines be discussed. We cant get along with traditional ML shooters without acting like little kids.

Most of us have strong feelings and believes. Not likely to change one and other.

That is where tolerance comes in.

Fleener

CowboyCS said:
BTW Claude as I said in my first post in this thread PayPal is only one of many reasons I won't support your forum financially, there are plenty of other reasons.

WTH!?

199% correct Sir!

Oh, and, not that I think most here think of this as "our (American)" site we don't need a canuck preaching about American political compromise, thank you very much... As Ayn Rand said:

“In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.”

Canadian Commonwealth subjects have no expectation to the rights recognized of American citizens in the U.S. Constitution -- they are not subject to debate or "compromise" (although apparently to Executive Order by Resident Obama and yellow-bellied Republican lack-of-leadership).

I guess we have to agree that where there is a deep rooted passion there is little chance for compromise

It is not always a question of passion. The point is that sometimes there can be no compromise. As in being pregnant, dead, or a slave. One is or isn't.

Alden said:
199% correct Sir!

Oh, and, not that I think most here think of this as "our (American)" site we don't need a canuck preaching about American political compromise, thank you very much...
Actually, I welcome opinions from anyone. Sometimes we can be so close to an issue, we don't see the whole picture. Sometimes an outside perspective helps.

BTW, the term "Canuck" is a little derogatory. IMO

And I have a direct relationship with Canada I'll say...

But I don't usually look at Commonwealth nations as being a guiding light in gun rights issues and was glad for the opportunity to respond.

galamb said:
No, that was definitely tongue in cheek.

It's my opinion, in society such as mine (and you can add Britain and Australia to that since our restrictions are quite similar) that the "control" of any type of firearm ownership discourages any interest/ownership.

(perspective of an "outsider" looking in)

Actually Canada is nowhere near as bad as Britain and Australia on this issue, at least when it comes to long guns and even handguns are possible to get. In one respect Canada is worse than Britain though and that is regulating repro flintlock pistols. Canada treats them (and wheelocks and matchlocks) like any modern pistol as far as licensing. Flint long guns are not regulated so it's easy going to shoots or reenactments in Canada but have to be careful to make sure a flint pistol isn't in any bag.

Claude said:
Cynthialee said:
When I lived in Canada the locals were calling themselves Canucks.
And if you go to South Central Los Angeles you'll hear the N-word, but I suggest you don't use it there. :wink:

Comparing it to the N-word is way overboard. What if you're referring to the Vancouver Canucks NHL team? What about the rugby team? Canucks is not a derogatory term in Canada.

It's really simple... please contribute to keep this most awesome forum alive... it's a no brainer. All our Muzzleloading brother's and sisters...

This sport will never die!

Respectively,

Back