• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional muzzleloading on the wane?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta give the bureaucrat SOME credit -- he's bucking (play on words intended) the liberal anti-hunting pressure and trying to "sell" people on getting out into the field during a muzzleloader season. The ends justifies the means...

Equivalent of "if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance but our's will be $2,500-a-year cheaper; and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

CowboyCS said:
Among other reasons for not supporting this site financially is the simple fact that some of us don't do PayPal.

We currently accept credit card payment only through PayPal,
but that may change in the future.
We do not accept Cash, Checks or Money Orders.
(please don't ask)
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/premium.php
I second that no way will I ever use an antigun company.

When I buy gun parts on the bay I use PayPal. They can stick their 'policy' where the sun doesn't shine.
It is poetic justice to say screw you and use their system for things they do not approve of.

Yeah, but some guy's are just too blinded to see it.
I used Paypal to purchase fully 3/4 of my loading equipment as well as Gun Parts.
Anti-gun, :yakyak: Sure they are,

BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:
Among other reasons for not supporting this site financially is the simple fact that some of us don't do PayPal.

(please don't ask)
Seriously? Do you know that the Gmail account you used to register on the Forum is owned by anti-gun Google?

Perhaps people need to do a little research into who they think they're doing business with?

Claude said:
BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:

(please don't ask)
Seriously? Do you know that the Gmail account you used to register on the Forum is owned by anti-gun Google?

Perhaps people need to do a little research into who they think they're doing business with?

Boy aint that one the truth, nearly nothing is out there on the open market that isnt tainted some how, if you eat, bank, drive, pay for utilities, watch t.v., etc.

ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:

(please don't ask)

Boy aint that one the truth, nearly nothing is out there on the open market that isnt tainted some how, if you eat, bank, drive, pay for utilities, watch t.v., etc.
If people are serious, they have to research every purchase they make to trace the roots of the parent company. I do admire those who do their research and stick to their convictions. It's a full-time job.

ApprenticeBuilder said:

:eek:ff About the 1st of July of this year I was stuck at a big Denver mall, I decided I buy a shirt (but only if I could find and American made shirt) 8 big stores 5 hours of looking not one :doh:

Claude said:
ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:

(please don't ask)

If people are serious, they have to research every purchase they make to trace the roots of the parent company. I do admire those who do their research and stick to their convictions. It's a full-time job.

I would wager good hard earned cash that there are very few indeed that can pull that off, it is less about a full time job than an extreame lifestyle shift and a very frugal existance at that.

So much is corrupted we are being forced to pay for our own demise, even the taxes we pay go to goods and salaries of the anti crowd.

ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:

(please don't ask)

I would wager good hard earned cash that there are very few indeed that can pull that off, it is less about a full time job than an extreame lifestyle shift and a very frugal existance at that.

So much is corrupted we are being forced to pay for our own demise, even the taxes we pay go to goods and salaries of the anti crowd.
I agree and most folks are just going to pick a few of the well known, easy to do (they don't use them anyway) boycotts and not worry about the rest.

Claude said:
ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
ApprenticeBuilder said:
Claude said:
BWLVR said:
CowboyCS said:

(please don't ask)

I agree and most folks are just going to pick a few of the well known, easy to do (they don't use them anyway) boycotts and not worry about the rest.

Shame really, these people are well organized and entrenched when we as a group cannot even agree to disagree without getting all puffed up about something.

CowboyCS said:
ApprenticeBuilder, this isn't directed at you I just clicked on you because you where at the bottom of the thread.

This is to all those people who say they are thumbing their noses at PayPal/Ebay when they use them to contribute to this forum or purchase gun parts.

They Ebay/Paypal are laughing at you all the way to the bank as they use your funds to contribute to Organizations, Groups, and Politicians that are all anti-2A. It's not just about Ebay and Paypals "gun policies" it's as Claude said, you have to do the research and find out where the money goes. In the case of Ebay/Paypal the Owner/Founder/Chairman(Pierre Omidyar) and the CEO(John Donahoe) have both contributed millions of dollars to groups and politicians that want to strip you of your right to own firearms.

By using these companies you aren't thumbing your nose at anything you are contributing to the opposition and the problem.

In my case they don't just want to take away my right to own firearms, but since I'm a gunbuilder they are attacking my ability to make an honest living.

I'm sure I make purchases at places that contribute to anti-2a groups but I TRY not to do it on purpose. In the last two years I have canceled nearly all my credit cards and sought out other companies because of changes that have been made, I've changed banks twice in the last two years because both of the banks decided they wouldn't make loans to firearms manufacturers anymore. It's getting tougher and tougher to find business that aren't anti-2A.

No point in willingly helping my enemies defeat me.

Colin
Don't you use Microsoft's Hotmail? Is Microsoft not anti-gun?

You nailed it!
:bull: :bull: :bull:
My 275 year old original rifle shoots very well to 100 yards (so far). I need to spend more time to check what the other two flip up sights are doing. I guess round 140 and the other around 180 yards???
Before hunting season I did shots from 50-90 yards randomly and offhand at a deer target.
Every shot would have killed the deer.
The modern muzzleloader is just the same lazy gun hunting slob we have plenty of in the woods.
The same bunch who uses crossbows in archery season. Effectively, modern guns now have 6 weekends and 4 weeks deer season.

I don't have a Paypal account. I've been targeted by identity theft in the past--thank the Lord it didn't get BAD! I don't do anything financially on the computer. I don't buy anything on the computer, I don't release credit card info on a computer. If I want to buy something, I call the seller and give cc info over the phone. I write checks and use postage stamps. I like black powder, and you could say I'm a dinosaur, lol!

Years ago I asked Claude to get a PO Box near where he lives so I could mail him a check. I want to help support this forum but I won't use Paypal. And that's where we're still at today........

Yeah,
But see,, They are not going to take Guns from us.
We have that conviction.
(Period)

Let's get real.
Paypal takes 3%.
3% of $18.00 is 54 cents. At least 2/3 of that is sucked up by administrative costs, and half the remainder is taxed.
So that's about 9 cents profit.

The Forum has what 22,000 members with maybe 1/4 of that premium members = 5,500
x.09
$495

I don't think this forums 495$ share of the war against guns is a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands of $$$ worth of equipment related to and gun parts sold to the private market that make up the members here..

Sorry Dude, your anti-paypal rhetoric is falling on deaf ears

For me its just about keeping things simple and basic. One checking account and one credit card.
I understand Claude trying to keep the forum finances as simple as possible.

has this thread set a new record yet?

smokin .50 said:
I don't have a Paypal account. I've been targeted by identity theft in the past--thank the Lord it didn't get BAD! I don't do anything financially on the computer. I don't buy anything on the computer, I don't release credit card info on a computer. If I want to buy something, I call the seller and give cc info over the phone. I write checks and use postage stamps. I like black powder, and you could say I'm a dinosaur, lol!

Years ago I asked Claude to get a PO Box near where he lives so I could mail him a check. I want to help support this forum but I won't use Paypal. And that's where we're still at today........

Just for another POV, I do buy a lot online...everything I possibly can and there are several reasons.
Year in / year out the savings are significant...prices are usually less than retail, there is usually no sales tax, online companies sales volumes and contractual arrangements with various carriers gets shipping costs down to practically nothing...no expensive gas and associated wear & tear on a car driving around to find / get an item...to say nothing of the time wasted do so...no crowds, thefts, fender-benders, to worry about...a couple keystrokes and the item is usually delivered 48-72hrs later.

PayPal ??
So given that there are clear economical and efficiency benefits to that approach, think about this for a moment as it relates to security of credit card and personal information.
If I order 50 things online in a year from 50 different companies, I would ordinarily have to give out my credit card & personal information to those 50 different companies”¦that would = 50 exposures to problems with my information.
But using PayPal, the only company who has my info is PayPal...PayPal routes my payment funds to the vendor, not me directly...those 50 vendors never see my credit card and personal information...only PayPal gets to apply the charges to my credit card, not the 50 individual companies.
PayPal has been rock solid steady and efficient for years now. Plus, in this day and age, any/all good credit card companies immediately credit you for any unauthorized charges to a credit card as soon as you notify them. They have built in "purchase pattern monitoring software" that blocks and notifies me if there is a sudden change in my buying patterns / locations, etc.

Supporting anti-gun organizations??
Looking all across the country, little local mom & pop stores are no longer part of the landscape...basically most everything is tied to some sort of corporation, conglomerate, chain, etc, etc...the average John Doe really has no idea who donates money to anti-gun efforts behind the scenes. Personally, I don't see trying to "bring down" or "thwart" anti-gun organizations by attempting to first identify, and then boycott them as coming close to being practical or effective at all...a far better approach is to ensure each and every gun owner is a member of an organization that actually has some clout and influence, ie: the NRA.

Latest posts

Back