• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional M/L Guns from India

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick,
The Sindh gun is a smooth bore.
If I remember right, about .45 cal.
I enjoyed our visit when you were up here Rick!
Now retired, it may be a while before we see you!
OK. Thanks. Most of the percussion Sindh shoulder guns I've seen have rifled barrels. But an occasional smooth bore shows up every once in a while. And they usually show up in smaller calibers like about .36-.45 They often have cool looking barrels. Anyway, it was neat to watch your buddy shoot one.
Email your shooter friend and tell him you know a guy in the States that has a Sindh rifle in shooting condition. Mine's a .41 caliber and takes a .400 ball. And tell him the trigger/guard on mine is in the "right" place. LOL !!!

Rick

Sind Rifle 001 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 003 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 008 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 007 (Medium).jpg

Hi Mr. T

Good job. Regular gun oil and 0000 steel wool often does wonders for old iron. The barrel bands may be old leather or rattan. That would also be common. Brass and iron were also used. Maybe one day you will decide to make a shooter with it. LOL From the photos you provided, it appears you may have a barrel that has a bore that is more traditional cylinder bore from muzzle to breach (?) And not the often encountered so-called anti-chamber. This would be worth investigating if you decide to shoot the gun.

Rick
Hi Rick. I've had a bore light and the ramrod down the barrel. I can confirm that mine is the common anti-chamber type, rather than the cylinder bore type. I'll chuck some semolina (wheat middlings) down it at some point to get an idea of chamber volume.

As far as bore size goes, it won't quite accept a .69 ball which is annoying as I have a 69 mold. As far as measuring bore size goes, I was thinking I could drill out a .69 ball, put in on some threaded rod and gently hammer it down the barrel a ways before withdrawing it and getting the calipers round this bore sized slug. I've never done it before and if anyone will tell me it's a bad idea I'll take that advice.

I may shoot it, but I have a slightly plainer and smaller toradar that I'm restoring already. That one's a bit knocked about and I'd rather shoot the tired gun than put wear on the nice gun

Latest posts

Back