• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

French double-barrelled flintlock from the early 19th century

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Here is another article about a historical pistol that I currently own:

This French double-barrelled flintlock pistol from the early 19th century is characterised by its simple elegance and robust construction. The two barrels are mounted on a round barrel with an octagonal muzzle. A beautifully shaped iron ramrod, held by a brass ramrod holder, makes it easier to load the pistol. There is a discreet brass front sight at the end of the barrel for precise aiming. The end of the stock is made of horn, giving the gun an extra touch of style. This flintlock pistol epitomises the craftsmanship and design of the period and was popular with both military and civilians.

What do you think of the pistol?

With best regards from Germany, Frederick

Attachments

• image00002.jpeg
    image00002.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image00003.jpeg
    image00003.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image00004.jpeg
    image00004.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image00005.jpeg
    image00005.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image00006.jpeg
    image00006.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image00007.jpeg
    image00007.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image00008.jpeg
    image00008.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image00009.jpeg
    image00009.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image00010.jpeg
    image00010.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello,
Here is another article about a historical pistol that I currently own:

This French double-barrelled flintlock pistol from the early 19th century is characterised by its simple elegance and robust construction. The two barrels are mounted on a round barrel with an octagonal muzzle. A beautifully shaped iron ramrod, held by a brass ramrod holder, makes it easier to load the pistol. There is a discreet brass front sight at the end of the barrel for precise aiming. The end of the stock is made of horn, giving the gun an extra touch of style. This flintlock pistol epitomises the craftsmanship and design of the period and was popular with both military and civilians.

What do you think of the pistol?

With best regards from Germany, Frederick
Nice Nice very nice! Have to close now, slobbering all over my keyboard.
Larry

So ...what's the history of your pistol? Maker? Date? Previous owner, perhaps. It is truly a beautiful piece. Thanks for posting.
Thank you for your interest. To explain, I need to go into a little more detail. My father has been involved with historical weapons all his life, including edged weapons and firearms. I have inherited this passion and have decided to deal with such objects in my business. The pistol shown here is unmarked and comes from a European collection. The former owner has now retired and has started to sell his collection piece by piece, including this pistol from the early 19th century. Thanks to my father's contacts, I had the opportunity to acquire this piece and offer it in my range. The former owner still has a large number of firearms. This is really incredible! It is also currently one of my favourite pieces.

Best regards, Frederick

Very Interesting. I'm probably similar to most muzzleloaders around here, very little opportunity to ever actually examine such items except through glass in museums. The people I know with sufficient wealth to indulge in fine antique arms ,,do not do so. Ex-wives, Golf, and greed are the norm for them.

Americans mostly consider anything 150 years old "antique" while Europeans and others live in houses hundreds of years old and sell us old furniture by the truckload they consider junk. Again, thank you for posting these. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Very Interesting. I'm probably similar to most muzzleloaders around here, very little opportunity to ever actually examine such items except through glass in museums. The people I know with sufficient wealth to indulge in fine antique arms ,,do not do so. Ex-wives, Golf, and greed are the norm for them.

Americans mostly consider anything 150 years old "antique" while Europeans and others live in houses hundreds of years old and sell us old furniture by the truckload they consider junk. Again, thank you for posting these. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated.
You're right. People spend their money in different ways.

The price range varies greatly for antique firearms. However, I also often have flintlock pistols that cost less than €2000. That's not a small amount of money either. But as a lover it's totally worth it!

Latest posts

Back