• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TOW problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a stock blank from them a number of years back. The curl could have been better but I never complained. When I got ready to start building the piece there was a crack that developed as the wood dried in the butt that couldn't be avoided. After talking with them on the phone there naturally was no exchange or even a discount offered on a replacement. Long story short it was for myself so I just used it. I won't order another stock from them. I still use them for other pieces I need. As far as India built pieces go I wish more distributors would describe them more as assembled kits rather than ready to go guns.

I've dealt with ToTW countless times over many years. While I've had several problems with materials/parts ordered, they've always been prompt and courteous in satisfactory resolution of all issues.

I've been a steady customer of TOTW for many years. Back in the early 1990s I was stationed in Germany in the Army. I ordered several items from them but never received them after several weeks. They asked that I wait a little longer, a couple weeks if I remember, to make sure there would be time to receive the items. I was more than happy to give it a little longer. The items never showed up and TOTW sent me another order with all my items free of any charges. That, to me, is pretty good customer service and that's why they are always my first stop in ordering blackpowder stuff.

:hatsoff:

" When I got ready to start building the piece there was a crack that developed as the wood dried in the butt that couldn't be avoided."
I don't think you should have to experience a stock that has to dry down. My 2 cents. Should be dry to furniture grade before it goes up for sale.

Thread lock is for nuts and bolts :grin:Just remember, if you use red threadlock, you need the blue wrench to get it undone.

colorado clyde said:
Should I use my oratory skills and powers of literary persuasion to get the thread locked?... :wink:
Say the secret word...

ThreadLocked.jpg

Youre names C. Clyde, right?I was asking "Claude" if that's a Norman Rockwell print?Kinda looks

like it! On second thought, is that Salvador Dali?

Back