• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TOTW Hains Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV-Rocklock

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm a hankering for another small bore flint rifle. I put together a Chambers Hains a while back and it's become my favorite. It's also my only swamped barrel rifle.
I want a 36 cal., A profile, swamped, Hains. I think that would be the cats behind for a nice light squirrel rifle.
I've been looking around and am thinking of the TOTW Hains parts kit and wonder if any of you fellas have any experience with this one. They're the only one I've found with the A profile barrel.
I've put a couple TOTW parts kits together and have been happy with the Vincent percussion and Tennesee flint.
Thanks for any info you can give me.

I built one in .40 caliber B weight a few years ago. I liked it well and everyone who handled it really liked it, and a friend traded me out of it.

It is a nice lil rifle, but not the same as a Chambers Haines.
Look at the photos side by side. I would call Dunlaps & see if Wayne has one with a "A" barrel. His Haines parts set has a smaller butt if you want a lighter rifle.

Keith Lisle

Thanks Herb and Keith. I do want a light rifle and have kicked a 40 cal back and forth. I have a 40 in the Tenn rifle.
I'll contact Wayne and see what he has.
Thanks

Brad

Back