• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tomorrow is MZ opener in WA…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And I am guilty of not being prepared. I worked all summer for this moment and I’ve been so fixated on fishing river salmon that I didn’t realize i was on the brink of the single moment Ive most considered for the last year or more.

When you open the gun safe and have only nine days to hunt, how do you choose what to take and which to leave behind? Do you feel guilty leaving one behind? I am taking three with me tomorrow and hope to spend all nine days searching for whatever I happen to find. Two smoothbores and a .58 rifle. Smoothbores for when I don’t expect to see big game and the others for when I could.

Washington isn’t a deer Mecca- I only see a couple a year after trudging miles and miles. We don’t have cornrows or wheat fields or whitetails… we have grouse and mushrooms and sometimes a bear and rarely, on occasion, a deer or an elk. Has to be three point or better and timber leases are expensive, but sometimes you see them anyways, eventho you are almost always unprepared at the time… Key Murphy’s Law. The season is concurrent with salmon in the rivers, which is why I have been distracted. My son and I have been singularly focused on fish until tonight… we actually didn’t bother to bow hunt a single day for the season, eventho we were ready. The days are too short and the time is also but I happened to pick up the regs tonight and, like an idiot, was surprised that I need to be ready for tomorrow. My truck isn’t big enough to pack all the manure I need for a multi-season adventure. I am going to try and stay down there for all the nine days and maybe even,
try to stay longer for the Elk opener on the 7th. I’ll probably fish tho. Playing percentages isn’t always a 100 %.

In reality, I expect nothing. Optimistically, I can’t even take a full breath.

The forecast is a low of 39 and a sunny day of 65. It all makes me dizzy with enthusiasm.

This was today… regrouping now

Attachments

• IMG_2989.jpeg
    IMG_2989.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6739.jpeg
    IMG_6739.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back