• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Today's job

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Brooks

Cannon
Reaction score
Anybody feeling froggy? :wink: When I get this in I think I'll call it a day. This is a really dense piece of English walnut, so I think things should go pretty well......I hope. :hmm:
P1010002.jpg

That looks a lot like the Chambers sideplate o put on my cherry fowler.... I have never cussed anything and felt more inept than getting it inlet!!! What a pain.... I will be thinking about ya!! I'll say a prayer you don't lose your salvation!!

Awww come on Mike that will probably take you 10 minutes... :grin:

If I had to do it I'd have talked myself out of it a long time ago....

Please, Please Please show us some pictures of the final piece so we can apperciate how it's supposed to be done. :hatsoff:

My fibro mialgia has been playing hell with me lately and giving me a lot of shoulder pain. I got about 1/2 of it stabbed in and couldn't take the pain anymore. Went out and talked to the chickens instead. :surrender: I'll get back after it again today.

Greetings Mike, What kinda stuff do you and the chickens talk about? :hmm: , my two Daschunds, Augie, Dixie, and I have wonderful conversations, I'm surprised we have so much in common!!! Hope your pain is better... :surrender: Have a happy Thanksgiving, mgrumster..

do you just talk about the same old ****?..CHICKEN **** THAT IS.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotta big chicken show this coming weekend, so I've been talking to them about being gentlemen and not drawing any blood on the judges with spurs or beaks. Kinda hard to win when the judge is dripping blood....
a2.jpg

rubincam said:
nice bird,is it a rooster or hen?
:shocked2: That's a ROOSTER! He's a young Flarrey Eyed Grey American Gamecock. He's not been dubbed yet is why he's throwing you off. Birds with feathers on top of their heads like that are called "toppies" or "Tasseled". :thumbsup:
The hens have this kind of beuofont hair-do sort of thing going on. :shake:

nice looking rooster mike. theres a fellow here that has some nice birds too, i dont know much about chicken breeds tho other than they all taste the same. i always enjoy looking over his at the county fair and the few FFA shows he has them at. hope the big FM dont have ya down for long, i have some friends who have it too, get better.

Mike Brooks said:
My fibro mialgia has been playing hell with me lately and giving me a lot of shoulder pain. I got about 1/2 of it stabbed in and couldn't take the pain anymore. Went out and talked to the chickens instead. :surrender: I'll get back after it again today.

Sounds like it ought to be a bright red Italian sportscar.

Hey Mike, get better soon, we all want to see some pics. By the way, I've been accused of being a flatlander on occassion, but H*LL even I saw that was no buck ninety- eight stewing chicken :rotf: :rotf:

Back