• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pork Chop

58 Cal.
Reaction score
It is sad that they no longer make the sidelocks since they have been bought out by Smith and Wesson. That being said, their customer service is still good. I called with an issue on a rear sight on a Renegade project rifle, and they were very happy to help. In fact, the customer service agent went above and beyond to make things right. Sadly, I have no interest in supporting their current product line, but I still give them good marks in trying to help me out.

Pork Chop said:
It is sad that they no longer make the sidelocks since they have been bought out by Smith and Wesson. That being said, their customer service is still good. I called with an issue on a rear sight on a Renegade project rifle, and they were very happy to help. I still give them good marks in trying to help me out.
I too, have used their customer service since S&W took over.

My factory TC Hawken is in immaculate condition, both wood,brass,steel.

It has one of the prewarning barrels with the cleanout screw. I should have left alone, but for what ever reason I felt a need to remove it. It was seized in there pretty good and I ended up buggering off the head of the screw.

A beautiful rifle with that destroyed screw looking you in the face! :doh:

It bothered me so much that I called S&W and they let me talk with a TC representative.

I explained if at all possible I would like to replace the cleanout screw and if they couldn't get it out just send the barrel back. I did not want them to replace this barrel with one of those newer ones that has the BP warning and the word HAWKEN stamped on it.

They sent me a shipping label to ship my barrel into them.

A couple of weeks later I received my barrel with a new blued cleanout screw installed. First thing I did was pull it out and put anti-seize on the threads and placed it back in to the rifle.

Something so simple as a cleanout screw, alot of people would not have went through all that trouble.

It is just me! The rifle is flawless and I wanted to keep it that way!

I believe as long as S&W/TC has parts available or has the means to repair/replace them, they will!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Had a lock problem with my 54 cal. Renegade flintlock after S&W took over.
Same experience as Cowboy had. The rifle came back with the lock functioning perfectly and a new frizzen.
I was very happy with their service. Only wish they hadn't dropped the line.
Take care,
Ed

Back