• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Thompson Center Cherokee .32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1CDFB12B-3C70-423D-AD31-98AFD5F920BB.jpeg

So all the Cherokees on the internet, youtube etc. that have set triggers are ones that have been modified in some way?
OP I sold several Cherokees with double set triggers. Plenty of them were bought with them.

No, most of the cherokees had double set triggers. The later ones had single triggers. Kit cherokees had a "K" stamped in the barrel channel as well

All, I appreciate the interest and comments. I am waiting on confirmation from the first person who indicated “ I‘lltake it “ I also have several others that I will contact if the original transaction does not go through
congrats. didn't think it would make it to midnight. Somebody got a great deal.

It is a kit barrel.......however the stock could be a factory built stock that someone added the K barrel to also. Is the barrel channel on the stock stamped with a K as well? I sold all but one of my senecas and every Cherokee I had last year and everyone one of them brought this kind of money. It's worth it and they are not making any more. the last four of these sold on Gunbroker brought between 750 and 1000 apiece. crazy prices.

I know in the past TC Kit Guns values were substantially less than factory builds even with ones as well done as this one is.

They're great guns, I love mine. Have the 45 barrel for it also and it came with set triggers.
Besides the K in the serial number, someone did a little too much sanding on the lock flats.
It does have some good looking straight grain wood, but the edges are gone. Still worth it.

Last edited:
Later TC kits came with the parts already blued. Probably for the same reason they started putting the erroneously named 'clean-out screw' on the blind side of the breechplug e.g. got tired of the warranty replacements.
I read some time ago they blued them to keep them from rusting while being stored and shipped!!

Learn something everyday. All of the Cherokees I have owned and the current ones I own have double set triggers. Have never seen a Cherokee that didn’t have double set triggers. Guess I live a sheltered life.
I guess I will have to send you a photo of one, because mine doesn’t have a set trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back