• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

thinking of a Kiber Southern Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use the search feature and you will find literally hundreds of posts of every model Kibler build. I would guess 99+% are extremely satisfied and maybe <1% had an issue and those issues were rectified very quickly.
I never finished a kit before and this year I did two Kibler SMRs, both in .45 caliber and I am thrilled with them.

Last edited:
I'll let ya know in a couple months I think. The wife came in pestering me about Christmas again. Which really, really irks me. Don't want or need anything. After a couple minutes of listening to her I turned around and clicked on the tab I had opened for one I've been mulling over. She said cool, took a pic of the screen and went about her merry way leaving me wondering what just happened.

I'll let ya know in a couple months I think. The wife came in pestering me about Christmas again. Which really, really irks me. Don't want or need anything. After a couple minutes of listening to her I turned around and clicked on the tab I had opened for one I've been mulling over. She said cool, took a pic of the screen and went about her merry way leaving me wondering what just happened.

You have to buy her a $1300 purse now, that's what happened.

I love my Kibler .45 SMR. Truth be told if the barrel was shorter it would be my absolute favorite firearm. (I know I am in the minority on this) If I can put it together ANYONE can. Accurate beyond belief!!! Go for it!

I love my Kibler .45 SMR. Truth be told if the barrel was shorter it would be my absolute favorite firearm. (I know I am in the minority on this) If I can put it together ANYONE can. Accurate beyond belief!!! Go for it!
Why not just shorten the barrel and stock?

I’ve thought about shortening the barrel but the swamped muzzle might be an issue.

Plus, I don’t think these folks would let me sit at the lunch table after that.

🤣

oh i like my 45 just fine. the deer diden't, 80yds. my 3rd Kibler will be here this week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
45 deer2 - Copy.jpg

I’ve thought about shortening the barrel but the swamped muzzle might be an issue.

Plus, I don’t think these folks would let me sit at the lunch table after that.

🤣
I didn't know they were swamped. Gotcha.

have any of you put one together and how do you like it? Im thinking .45 cal.
Working on one right now. So far, about the same as the WR I put together. Most challenging step has been cutting the slots in the under barrel lugs. I purchased saw blades that are as fine as a human hair. Breath wrong while cutting and they snap.

Back