• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Things said that make me want to shoot alone

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA Enthusias, you do you, and don’t ever apologize for it! Personally, I had some really bad exp with substitutes, so I only use black powder in my own guns. That doesn’t mean that the stuff won’t work fine for other folks. Just not my cup of tea. No need to get up into your kit about it either, that right there is a “bu++hole“ move. People like that take the fun out of everything! Good luck, and aim small!

MMMMM 1) It is UNOBTAINABLE (Black Powder in Rural areas) 2) If one likes shooting these kind of firearms choices are limited. 3) Well I just guess I was not raised an ingrate with more money than brains but it aint none of my business
Not just "unobtainable" in "rural areas".
You have been fed misinformation: it is Unobtainable in Most ALL areas outside a reasonable drive to one of the main Distributors....its a Fact Of Life and really anything new either and many small shops that once did carry it Won't Be Coming Back.

But black powder is available, yes just like obtaining one's muzzleloader, one can obtain black powder - heck, they can even....make it (oops, did I say that?????)

As for those who take the Low Road and go with Substitutes; Cool, if it goes Boom for you then have at it!
But the whole 'Sour Grapes' attitude around here is really getting old.

Muzzleloaders where Built for BLACK POWDER, and Black Powder will always rule, even if Home Made.

Screenshot_20230628_091240_Chrome.jpg

I'm grateful I have my own private range. Started to get nervous on club ranges when people began showing up with the newer guns enjoying their mad minutes. Only thing I can't do now is shoot in the summer for fear of a Wilderness campaign experience.

Latest posts

Back