• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"The Settler" has arrived !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
.62cal Early Virginia Smoothbore
Super Premium ++ curly maple
Brass furniture
Rice 38" D-weight swamped barrel
McCandless Patent Breech
Caywood Full Jug Choke
Chambers Deluxe Siler
Davis double set triggers
Aged steel finish
Builder Matt Avance / TVM

If a longbeard glances my way and sees this smoothbore leveled at him, he's just going to lay down and let me come pick him up !

1FullRightbuttangle.jpg

2FullRightmuzzleangle.jpg

3FullLeftbuttangle.jpg

4FullLeftmuzzleangle.jpg

Congratulations, Roundball. I know how exciting it is to receive a present via the little brown truck. Matt's work is first rate. Beautiful custom smoothy.

Merry Christmas to You!...love the wood..Have fun with your new toy! The corral is filling up again!...Looking forward to your range reports. ....Dan

RickD said:
Dang you got the sickness bad..Nice gun
I'm healed now :grin: ...have been getting ready for retirement and wanted 3 longguns...small & large caliber rifles, and a smoothbore...went with the .45/.58/.62

Stumpkiller said:
Whatcha doin puttin a rear sight on a smoothbore?
Will pretty much use it like a 'shot rifle' on stationary targets like turkey & squirrels...maybe the occasional PRB on deer if the Jug Choke lives up to its advertising with PRBs

My Friend,

My birthday was on Sunday.

I feel like this is a celebration.

This is the most beautiful gun that I could imagine....that (I've ever seen.)

I've seen you lay to rest the largest and most beautiful Whitetail.

Time you had the proper tool to deal with the Ghost.......the Eastern Wild turkey.

Congradulations.

U're smart, I'll give you that.

But, I'm smarter and a better hunter.

You're lost in the woods and you can't swim.

And Pilgrim, you don't know nothing about the Wilderness...........

Go find it !

:wink:

roundball said:
RickD said:
Dang you got the sickness bad..Nice gun
I'm healed now :grin: ...have been getting ready for retirement and wanted 3 longguns...small & large caliber rifles, and a smoothbore...went with the .45/.58/.62

I'm hearing 'ya. I have my .54 flint rifle and I just had a 16 bore smooth, swamped barrel & Chambers fowler lock sent to Mike Brooks for my "once-in-a-lifetime" fowler (but a light & handy one :wink: ). If life is good there may be a whispy .40 cal. before I retire the suits & ties for sandals & Hawaiian shirts.

:thumbsup: That's one heck of a piece of wood you have there. I agree that Matt does a fantastic job. I have two rifles made by him and would never part with either. Wishing you all the best with your new flinter. Vern

Good choice going with the 38" bbl.

Years ago I built a .62 Virginia with a D weight 44" bbl - WAY to much gun to tote in the woods or shoot offhand.

Some of the PC guys might curl their lip, but you are the one who has to tote it all day.

Pretty piece.

cptleo said:
Some of the PC guys might curl their lip, but you are the one who has to tote it all day.

I hear ya...but as a guy who's filled his tags with good ole T/C Hawkens for 18 years, I don't give a hoot about what "PC guys" might think.
:wink:

Wonderful! As John Snow on the Roof commented, a worthy mate to your .58, which I also remember is a beautifully crafted Avance piece.

I can't seem to remember the .45, unless of course it was one chosen from your former arsenal of T/C Hawkens.

Enjoy every day afield with such handsome companions, especially attractive because they don't talk unless you tell them to!

Back