• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD TVM Late Lancaster 40 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Those of you who have been on the forum for many years no doubt remember Roundball and his corral of beautiful TVM flintlocks. This was his 40 caliber Late Lancaster which I purchased when he thinned his herd down to pretty much his smoothbore. I have always planned to do something with it, but never got around to it, and then a .45 came into my life and I don't see a need for both, so this gun deserves a good home where it will be used.

This beautiful rifle, with what Matt Avance called his Premium ++ wood, has a 13/16 x 38" Green Mountain barrel with fairly shallow square bottom grooves in a 1-48 twist. Roundball had Dennis McCandless make the patent breech plug. The Chambers Deluxe Siler lock was sent to a gentlemen in either Tennessee or Kentucky (I cannot recall the name) who did a fantastic job hand tuning it. I've owned quite a few flinters, but none have a smoother, faster lock than this. Trigger pull is 14". The triggers are Davis double set (set or fire in any order). Without the set trigger, it's still light pull and great for hunting with gloves where a hair trigger of the set is just too light. The ramrod is solid brass for reliable strength for this small caliber, small diameter rod.

Because of the rifling, this gun is a great shooter with patched roundball or, as Roundball experimented with and posted real life deer hunting results (see below post) the "Old Nam Vet" 200 gr REAL bullet makes this gun a very effective deer gun. Roundball used this gun with .395 patched RB (.018 lubed patch) for small game and the REAL bullet for deer very effectively.

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...dnamvets-custom-40cal-x-200grn-r-e-a-l.81310/

If you search back in the 2012/13 time frame, you'll find a number of Roundball posts about this gun.

This gun was built and signed on the top flat by Matt Avance.

This gun will come with over 100 of the REAL bullets along with a bag of lubed wads, a bag of .395 RB, and a bag of prelubed .018 patches.

There are a few minor handling marks on the gun. Nothing serious, but just what happens when a gun is used in the field. Overall I'd say this gun is in Very Good condition (I save excellent for guns with no visible handling marks).

$1395 shipped where legal in the lower 48.

31877896047_3e558b427b_z.jpg

39853966023_640dffdd1d_b.jpg

31877838117_a179642dcd_b.jpg

31877837987_8abea85c4c_b.jpg

31877837927_7c5d42ef0d_b.jpg

31877837827_3d669c7c6b_b.jpg

31877838047_9832020965_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back