• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The roe buck.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now don't get all excited. I went out before light to get to an area I was hoping to get a pheasant from. I didn't get one, they were there. Wild birds that have been there for several years now. I need some late maize to come off.

Anyway, a roe buck stepped out and slowly came towards me and I didn't have me good camera🤦‍♂️.
He came down to about 15yds, so close that I could hear him eating?

All in all a good morning.
20211023_094605.jpg

Now don't get all excited. I went out before light to get to an area I was hoping to get a pheasant from. I didn't get one, they were there. Wild birds that have been there for several years now. I need some late maize to come off.

Anyway, a roe buck stepped out and slowly came towards me and I didn't have me good camera🤦‍♂️.
He came down to about 15yds, so close that I could hear him eating?
View attachment 100721
All in all a good morning.
View attachment 100722

I’m sorry, all I saw was steaks and chops….

I'm waiting. There is only one buck and one doe on my patch. There is a sibling. I'm waiting for another to arrive, its very doubtfull but I would regret taking these just at the moment.
I do manage to control myself as well. It is an ancient and honorable sport..

I finally got my bird.
20211023_172200.jpg

Missed a second bird. Completely over reacted and shot well in front.
Not to worry.
It's been a full on day. Out at first light, home and bathed the dog. Walked my wife and granddaughter to a cafe and back, 4 miles.
Out again to get this bird.
Back out tonight after a chicken killing fox!
My knees and feet are aching now!

I think this year on the opening day of deer season I'll just sit in the stand and be the cook and watch the youngins' do the shooting. For sure take a camera to capture the moment. We're about 3 weeks out from the opening day.

And you get to share the experience with your lurcher mate. Does he point and retrieve as well as pass judgement on your shooting skills?
They can give you "that" look after a miss...

And you get to share the experience with your lurcher mate. Does he point and retrieve as well as pass judgement on your shooting skills?
They can give you "that" look after a miss...
She is a pain in the.....rear most the time. But she has fun with me and I admire her spirit.
I let her run and fool about sometimes. She loves to run around in open places when I say so.

So diced pheasant shallow fried in chicken stock/dripping.
Black pepper added.
Then simmered in white wine.
Frozen peas added, bring back to simmer for 5mins.
Mix plain flour with milk and add after increasing heat. Stir well and as thickens reduce heat.
Add salt to taste.
Add noodles or spaghetti.
20211027_175544.jpg

Whether flying or not tastes just the same, delicious 😋

So diced pheasant shallow fried in chicken stock/dripping.
Black pepper added.
Then simmered in white wine.
Frozen peas added, bring back to simmer for 5mins.
Mix plain flour with milk and add after increasing heat. Stir well and as thickens reduce heat.
Add salt to taste.
Add noodles or spaghetti.
View attachment 101481
Whether flying or not tastes just the same, delicious 😋
that is a good looking dish. That is one of the things I really like about this forum. Seeing how you other hunters like to cook your game. And that looks hearty and delicious. Thanks for posting.

Back