• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps its how you talk to them? In the past several years Ive gotten from them . . .
Wheellock (X2)
Snaphaunce (X2)
Miquelet (pistol, musket x3)
Flintlock (Left and right pistol, Musket)
Nock Volley (X3 with hardware)
Doglock (X4)
Queen Anne (X2)
Madrid Lock
I may be forgetting some other items.

I just finished up another order and it should be shipping out in the next week or two. I base this off personal experience not reputation.

How you talk to them? In the last 4 years, Hi Jane, how you doing. Has the parts come in I order 6 months ago, oh they have. Great ship them out and charge my card. 3 months later, no parts. Hi Jane has those parts come in that you said was in 3 months ago, Oh they are please ship them out. 6 months later still no parts. That's happen to me about three times in four years. It just keeps going and going.I have a few part kits that did ship on time, but 75% of the time it's just one lie after another. I have one kit left, and I will never order from them again. I don't understand why they would have their parts cast in Peru and not the USA. I bet a lot of people would be ****** if they know their fine American or European firearm had South American aftermarket parts on it.

Are you sure about Peru ? "First the waxes have to be made which we do in our shop usually takes a couple of weeks to get a batch of waxes ready. Second we take these waxes to the foundry which usually take 4 - 6 weeks for these to be transformed in to a casting and returned to us. Once we receive the castings from our foundry, they are sorted and then cleaned which usually takes another week. Finally they will be pulled for each order and shipped out." I really doubt they are taking a trip to Peru each time they want something cast.See this post for more backround: http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/298539/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is confusing.
Some guys order a lot of items and never have problems. :bow:
Other guys never get their order, or an answer. :cursing:

It looks personal ? ? :idunno:

I can't say anything about Peru. I can say that talking with Jane and Jesse about waxes that I believe her when she has told me she is going to the foundry. This is confirmed by a friend of mine that knew about their trips to the foundry and how it used to be much less frequent.

Oh I knew I forgot some things, 3 mini locks and a wall gun lock.

flytrout said:
TRS cast parts are casted in Peru, not the USA

Flytrout, I assume you meant this post as joke. If not, it hurts your credibility and throws doubt on what you say about your experiences with TRS.

TRS has their parts cast in a foundry in Arkansas.

Forrest said:
I think one of the biggest problems they have is that they make too many different parts. They could probably get rid of over half their catalog, and what remains would probably satisfy over 90% of their customer's demands.

Seems they like to spend their time making molds for ultra obscure gun parts, that could not possibly be in high demand. That is what probably interests them the most personally though.

Forrest's analysis is probably closer to the truth than any of the others. I've visited their operations on several occasions now and posted a thread on my observations from the first trip here:

A Visit To The Rifle Shoppe

They are a small family owned business with only 3 employees. They are really nice people doing the best they can, but they are trying to do too much and have more items in their product line than they can reasonably keep up with.

They have no desire to compete with Track of the Wolf or Jim Chambers or any of the other suppliers that most of us in the muzzleloader community do business with. The have a niche business with a very targeted market and seem to be satisfied dealing with that specific market. It is also telling that they have no real competitors in their niche. If it was easy to do what they do, others would be competing in the market with them. That's not happening.

Phil Meek

My last order I 1.E-mailed it 2. I faxed it, and 3 I called to make sure they got both and left a message.

He could have been talking about Peru, Indiana or Peru, Illinois.

There are large and small foundries all over the Mid-West and more than a few "Peru's".

about 2 months ago I got a call from them telling me my lock parts were in from the foundry and wanting to know if I still wanted them. Parts from an order I placed in like 2011.

So I suppose they will eventually get back to you. Which would be fine if I hadn't been told back then that they would be shipped at the end of the month.

Simply call Jane and ask if they have a foundry in Country of Peru, then we should know if this is true or false.

Back