• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking at some new projects and in my research on Baker Rifles I came across The Rifle Shoppe The Rifle Shoppe, Inc. - Home Page mentioned in britishmuzzleloaders' Youtube videos when he is talking about his Baker rifle. From my understanding their kits are of great quality and given they are really the only good game in town, my question for you all is: has anyone here had any experience with them or built a rifle from any of their kits? I also understand that you best be prepared to wait when placing an order.

My 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle is made of Rifle Shoppe parts that I bought the parts when the Rifle Shoppe supplied Track of the Wolf with the parts for TotW's advanced project kits. It is of high quality.

I recommend that you have the Rifle Shoppe build the lock for you. Finishing the rough cast lock parts into a reliable lock is not for the novice builder. Also, the Rifle Shoppe maintains a limited inventory of parts on hand. You will need to verify the parts are available when you order. @Robby is giving good advice.

FWIW 2 friend recently built Bakers from TRS Kits with the pre-assembled locks. They still tuned the locks to their liking but had no issues with the parts or stock. Definitely review anything Dave wrote about them.

TIP - Call and speak to Jane personally and ONLY buy any of their ‘offered’ products if they first … confirm, confirm, confirm … that they are indeed IN stock.

… and even then it will take weeks to get them …

Last edited:
FWIW 2 friend recently built Bakers from TRS Kits with the pre-assembled locks. They still tuned the locks to their liking but had no issues with the parts or stock. Definitely review anything Dave wrote about them.

TIP - Call and speak to Jane personally and ONLY buy any of their ‘offered’ products if they first … confirm, confirm, confirm … that they are indeed IN stock.

… and even then it will take weeks to get them …
Whats the issue with ordering something thats not currently in stock? Wouldnt they be able to produce to order?

I bought a matchlock kit from them two years ago. They are very hard to get ahold of, and they take a long while to get your items to you. Their lock parts, at least for mine are as cast and need a good deal of work to finish. My kit is of good quality, but the fact that it was so hard to reach anyone there, makes it not very likely I'll ever order another item from them again.

I realize they are a small operation, but there has to be some kind of ability to get ahold of somebody! For that reason, I'm giving them a recommendation.

I drop by there every 2-3 months or so. And Baker rifle parts and Bess parts are usually kept in frequent rotation being their top sellers.

Per reviews I would NEVER order from them I "might" buy in person If I was allowed to hold the item while took my wallet out. But I am impatient in my old age.

Latest posts

Back