• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Rifle Shoppe 1740 Potsdam Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just got this in last week, picked it up from a reenactor who had used it in Ohio for many years, a 1740 Potsdam Musket, built from a Rifle Shoppe kit.

Don't know the maker, overall the build quality appears to be good, I did a quick fluff and buff on the piece and shined up the brass, the German soldiers who employed these weapons were notorious for having highly polished weapons. I had purchased this to complete my collection of all the major warring nations muskets of the Revolution, but ultimately it will just be sitting and collecting dust. So I'm offering it up for someone who can put it to better use, Asking $2400 OBO shipped.

434894043_912779453910773_8732860872593007223_n.jpg

Just got this in last week, picked it up from a reenactor who had used it in Ohio for many years, a 1740 Potsdam Musket, built from a Rifle Shoppe kit.

Don't know the maker, overall the build quality appears to be good, I did a quick fluff and buff on the piece and shined up the brass, the German soldiers who employed these weapons were notorious for having highly polished weapons. I had purchased this to complete my collection of all the major warring nations muskets of the Revolution, but ultimately it will just be sitting and collecting dust. So I'm offering it up for someone who can put it to better use, Asking $2400 OBO shipped.
Nice gun. BIG gun, I presume.
.75 caliber?

Quite incidental to the sale of this musket just such a lock I purchased in Afganistan amongst the dozen mostley E, I, Co & Ordnance locks , I bought.in 1969 I let John Hakes have it he let TRS copy it so what you have might be the link to my one a lock I since regretted parting with but though it adds little to your sale or purchase I just thought Ide mention it a number of muskets' got up' by Prussian merchants Shickla Brothers rings a bell ,where sold to the Ordnance and issued to such as the Percy Volunteer's and perhaps levees and similar units It was marked' Potsdam Magaz 'John called them Kuffus gewers due to the shape of the stocks
.'Rudyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back