• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Old Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The old Walker was giving me fits and I was going on and on. Yeah, OK, so it's worn and the wedge slot is bradded a little on the sides but... Why does it occasionally not fire? The barrel is firmly against the frame. How could the length to the nipple have been increased? There's no crud under the hammer.
What's going on with this rascal? :idunno:

Duh. One slightly short nipple and CCI caps. :shake:

Figured it out. The old nipples were burned out to where they'd work for peep sights. Had replaced them. The new nipples shoulder to tip dimensions are not all the same lengths. Think I'll try to find some ampco's for it. But will have to have the length conversation with whoever I buy them from.

Treso Ampco's work fine for my Walker, and they also hold their shape & length too! Got mine from TOW, but it's the same part number on the pkg. no matter the source.

Once you change 'em out--NO problems!

Taking my Walker on another Hog Hunt this Saturday, and the Treso Ampco's will do me fine!

Good luck with the change-out!

Dave

Back