• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the new 32 cal muzzleloader!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well guys i finally got what i wanted for a long time. i went to log cabin sport shop with silent sniper a good buddie of mine to buy it. i left the house thinkin i was going to come home with a crockett pistol............well i saw the Traditions Crockett Rifle and i knew thats what i wanted. then i brought it home sighted in with 25 grain of fffg and .310 ball and a .15 patch. it shot great. only minor moving of the sights. we saw a set of bad sparrows in a bush and decided to try it out....well bird droped. the first day i got the gun i got 4 bad sparrows. i love it now. today i took the 4 wheeler out to throw out slops and i saw a opossum running through the field . i grabed a stick and was going to kill it with stick then a thought hit me...use the new gun aaron....so i treed the possum, ran home, got gun, loaded under the tree , stepped back around 25 yards and boom. head shot droped it. i was very proud of the 32 and hope every one gets to experince having one.
32kill1.jpg
32kill2.jpg
32kill3-1.jpg

I love mine. Though it is semi retired-I now use a flint .36 SMR-I have taken squirrels over several seasons with it. I still enjoy target shooting and plinking with mine. It is one great little rifle.

Huckleberry Finn would have killed that little critter with a stick. :rotf:

runnball said:
OK now that you have that 'Possum are you gonna eat it?

Hadn't had possum yet myself, so let us know how it is. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine from Northport, AL killed a possom once and his wife cooked it. Baked it with sweet potatoes. He offered me some and I gave it a try, Dang! That was some pretty good eatin'. So, I decided that the next chance I got, I'd kill one and cook it. The chance came, I killed it and started dressing it out. That sucker ended up in the ditch for the buzzards. :surrender: It stunk something awful. It was healthy, they just stink.....and they look like dressing out a big rat. I take pride in eating about anyting but that possom had me bested. If James' wife, Cindy, will fix it again after James kills and dresses it, I'll eat some more of it but if I have to dress it....forget it! I'm reaching for the bololgna. :rotf:

MMMMM! Possum and sparrow stew, nothing better on a cold winters eve. Possum ain't bad, neither is rat. All depends on how you cook em. Possums just tend to be a nasty, stinky, flea infested animal that kinda ruins their culinary reputation. Maybe someone else can pitch in here, because I've never dressed one-just cooked em, but I think there are some glands you have to look out for when butchering.

Good for you :thumbsup: I would love to have a rifle like that.

We don't have them in England but I am sure if it hung with it's guts hanging out over a cold night the fleas will fall off and some of the stink will be gone, thats how we do our rabbits.

Brits :hatsoff:

Good shooting. Kill all the oposums you can. When they pee on hay and a horse eats the hay it can kill the horse. It swells there brain and drives them crazy very painful.

Oddly, the number of raccoons, skunks, ground hogs, and possums has dropped substantially in the last 9 years. Of Course the number of coyotes is up. I shoot any of them that I can.

I like a 32. Somebody decided they deserved my squirrel rifle more than me. Maybe some day I'll come across it. Got My initials engraved on it. I keep looking at the shows and shops.

Anyway, I recently picked up two 32 cal pistols, one flint and one perc. Fun to shoot.

.32's are a lot of fun, I've taken squirrels, rabbits, groundhogs, and armadillos with mine. No possums though - yet.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Nice shooting, but I hope you don't make a habbit of killing animals just for the sake of killing.

chance said:
Good shooting. Kill all the oposums you can. When they pee on hay and a horse eats the hay it can kill the horse. It swells there brain and drives them crazy very painful.
:hmm: That sounds like an old wives tale to me.

DwarvenChef said:
Swampy said:
Nice, now skin it and make yer self a bag for that gun. :thumbsup:
Great idea to me :) Seems you can end up with alot of bags that way :p One for each gun sounds good to me :)

Thats exactly what I did, just showed the rear end. :haha: I actually think this one made the better bag but I was following instructions on the front end and didn't quite do much for me but the person wanting it is happy so thats all that counts. :thumbsup:

No its not. Its called Equine Protozoal Myetoencephalitis. I know of a few horses that had to be put down from it. Affects the spinal cord. They can get it from drinking water that a opossum has urinated in too. Dilly

Back