• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The hunt that went bad.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Not thinking can get you in some very bad trouble. That is just what I didn't do, think. I bought a brand new climbing tree stand weeks back to replace one that was over 20 years old. I put the old stand in the shed and had been using the new one in my favorite spot. Two days before the incident I had killed a deer and left my stand in the tree, not wanting to hunt that spot I got the old stand out of the shed and went to another spot that had produced many good deer. I sat in my tree that afternoon only seeing a small deer. When it started getting to dark to see my sights I decided to climb down. I unlatched my stand from the tree and got ready to climb down, I was about 30 foot up a big pine that I had been hunting for 25 years, been up and down many many times with out incident. This time not thinking I didn't strap my feet down and when I lifted my feet the bottom stand fell and my tie rope being dry rotten broke and the platform fell to the ground. There I sat 30 foot up sitting on a 2 inch piece of aluminum with my feet dangling. Lucky for me I had my cell phone, I called my son and had him go get my new stand and come rescue me. The old stand is now back in the shed until it can be refurbished and I will check all my gear very good before I go back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back