• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

That darn T/C company,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbles

50 Cal.
Reaction score
they did it to me again,,,
I lost the blot to hold the lock in the stock of the 50 cal weapon I am puttin together for my wife, So I called T/C and told em, The lady on the phone said I would have it for christmas, I tried to pay for it, but she just said Marry Christmas, I know it's only $.95, But the postage, the time and the part does ad up after a while, They have done it to me before, ( sent me parts I needed and not took my CC number ) I don't think I will ever own any other weapon then a T/C, I owe em that,
I
That
company,,,, :hatsoff:

Yes, aren't they hard to deal with ? :grin: I needed 2 escutechoen plates, 4 screws & a wedgepin & called them & the lady said she would send them. I am thinking
"Yeah, right, tht will never happen".......... Bout 4 days later I got the lil manilla envelope in the mail for free ! SUPERB customer service, I can sure say that...... :thumbsup:

Birddog6 said:
Yes, aren't they hard to deal with ? :grin: I needed 2 escutechoen plates, 4 screws & a wedgepin & called them & the lady said she would send them. I am thinking
"Yeah, right, tht will never happen".......... Bout 4 days later I got the lil manilla envelope in the mail for free ! SUPERB customer service, I can sure say that...... :thumbsup:
One of the biggest single reasons I've hooked up with them like I have...and it's such a simple concept...look at the constant wave of excellent advertisement, public relations they get for giving away a couple dollars worth of parts...I'll bet over the past 5 years, discussions on Forums like these have resulted in many, many TC ML purchases that might never have happened at all...
HINT:
Take a minute and send a Christmas card to the TC Customer Service section, and/or the repair section...or the company president...a buck or so and a postage stamp...they like to hear that good customer feedback too...let's do it today!!

I am glad to here that they service their product. That will be filed away for the time when I purchase a new rifle.

Have to agree!

T/C has some of the best customer service and products anywhere. They fix problems for free that they did not cause.

Very few companies provide lifetime warranty to subsequent owners. I think it goes beyond vermin like lawyers/unfounded liability lawsuits (No offense to all the good lawyers).

T/C knows the value of happy customers like us who spread the word.

I started shooting black powder the year before the T/C Hawken was introduced. Have never heard anybody complain about T/C service.

Great company! :hatsoff:

I snap the screw that holds the flint in the hammer jaws : I had a spare but always like to have an extra one just incase it happens in the field or at the range I spoke with customer service 3 days later new screw in the mail :thumbsup:

Yea TC service and warrantee are second to none.

Contrast this with the other thread concerning a Lyman GPR with broken underlug. Basically the poor customer was told he was SOL.

Here is the address:

Thompson/Center
P.O. Box 5002
Rochester, NH 03866

We've had great service from TC for 20 years. Great folks to deal with. GC

Years ago I bought an old Renegade at a flea market low serial number for 100 bucks.It had been used a lot,the hammer didnt line up with the nipple and had a ton of missfires.I called T/C and asked if they could repair it and what would it cost.I was told it wouldnt cost anything.I told the guy you dont understand I bought it second hand at a flea market its real old.He told me No you dont understand WE built that rifle to last a life time now get it on the way so we can get it fixed.A little over a week later I had it back,new trigger assembly completly rebuilt lock hammer realinged with nipple and cleaned and oiled,they even paid the return shipping.That was my first blackpowder rifle.Great company.

with service like this, it's a wonder you ever see any of their stuff for sale used.

now if the 'big three' stood behind their autos half as well (or made them a quarter as well) as T/C, i wouldn't have a 'riceburner' in my driveway.

but they don't, so i do.

(got a T/C in my rack, though)

Jeez, guys. Almost every message board I visit has excellent things to say about T/C's great customer service. I have 4 of their Hawkens, and haven't had to call them even once! That says alot too!

When you consider all of the products that TC sells besides the traditional muzzle loaders, that must be how they can afford to be so charitable to all of us on a regular basis.
Sure they sell patches, lube, solvent, BP accessories and conical bullets, but they also have a whole line of "other" guns and accessories, plus all of the sabots/bullets that they sell.
Without all of those "other" products, I'm sure that they wouldn't be able to continue to provide the extra high level of service for all of their customers. :hmm:
I'll bet that they would rather see us all spend some money on their products then to send them a greeting card. After all, they do have a payroll to meet. :winking:

have ya looked at the price of a new hawken lately = $500.00 +....but fer never having to spend another dime on it = priceless :v ...........bob

P.S....do they do this on there other muzzle loaders and contenders also....

I got my T/C Hawkens as a gift. Not knowing anything about m/l's when I got it, the make of the gun meant very little to me. Now I'm glad that my sons did there homework before the purchase as it was definately the correct one. I hope I never need there great warranty, but it is nice to know that the warranty is there should I ever need it.
I can only second what Roundball said about a card to the T/C Customer Service Dept. Great idea.

snagg

They have sent me a number of parts that they should have charged me for. I closed my Encore without placing the folding extractor back up, and it snapped the little screw it pivots on. My fault, but they refused to let me pay for it,and sent another folding extractor. I drilled out the aperture in the tang peep sight on my Renegade and I wanted an original size one. They again refused to take any money from me and sent me a new one. I won't even tell you how I broke the little fiber optic front sight insert, but I will admit to it being totally my fault. I told this to them, but they are sending me a new one, no charge. I did send them a Christmas card. I have never done this for any other Customer Service department, but, then again, I have never dealt with one like theirs.
Larry

The only way I've found to actually be able to pay for parts for my Firestorm is to order them as "spares".

If I even hint that I'm replacing somthing, whether or not I buggered it up, they don't want me to pay for it.

But they will let me buy "spare parts". :v

I own four, but oh, if they only took the time and effort to make a slim, relatively light, even modestly authentic longrifle in a variety of calibers.

Roundball, you're like Warren Center's godchild, can't you get Tom P. to get the ball rolling.

.32, .45 and .54 cal., 13/16" to 7/8" 42" barrel (heck, even straight sided), reliable lock. Honest hardwood stock. T/C warranty. Mmmmmmmmm. The Hawken style is OK, but it's 10 years at the end of 400 years of flintlocks. There is more. Forget the synthetic stock stuff on a m/l. I mean, think about it. 200 years ago? 250 years ago? Wood, metal, period.

No doubt about it, T/C sure has been good to me...and I give them their due any time someone asks that's for sure...good companies deserve good word of mouth advertisement...and I think some people starting out into ML have benefited from the postings about TC's new lock, new liner, their warranty, etc, etc...at least I hope so.

And you're 100% right, if any company has the right attitude and approach to quality, to make a mass produced rifle that is a lot more historically correct TC would be the one...heck if they even just modified their existing Hawken to have a longer RB barrel using dovetailed fixed sights, possibly a full length stock, more LOP & drop, etc...I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Footnote:
I tried the "add-on" fixed sights from TC but they just didn't do it for me...to me they looked exactly like what they were...an afterthought, something added on...and then was really disappointed that TC would not make one for me.
I asked them to stop a barrel before it went into the rear-sight-mouting-screw-hole-drilling operation and take it aside to cut a rear-sight dovetail in it instead, just like the one for the front sight...came back to me and said they couldn't easily do it...and if they could I wouldn't want to pay the price...very disappointing that robotics and automation are becoming so ingrained in manufacturing that it creates such rigidity.

I bought a TC railmount magnum pistol scope and had it mounted on a 50 Mountian pistol. After the sabot experiments were done, I removed it and used it on a bow for a while. I decided to mount it on another pistol. I called TC for the mount. They actually laughed at me and told me that I was out of luck. Several calls finally ended with me being told " tough ****" by a TC employee. Now, this item was about 2 years old and well within the time period when parts, replacements, and such would have been required. I will not buy a TC product of any kind because of it. I have a 200$ plus scope here that is worthless without the mount, and TC says, "Tough ****". I would have beenn better off with Tasco than TC. TC is not always so nice to their customers!

While it's true there's always one fly in the ointment if one looks hard enough, the unprecented quality of T/C's no charge lifetime warranty service enjoyed by 99.99% of everybody else is clearly the norm.

Back