• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC treehawk models ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Question for the TC experts.
Did Thompson Center ever make a treehawk model that wasn't camo but in wood stock and blued barrel ?

I've seen them with blue barrels & black synthetic stock but never with a walnut stock. Must be a New Englander stock, or Black Mountain Magnum.

I've seen them with blue barrels & black synthetic stock but never with a walnut stock. Must be a New Englander stock, or Black Mountain Magnum.
So they did blued barrels. You wouldn't know what the "R" in a serial number represents? Looking at one that's SN is RXXXX, never seen anything other than K in TC SNs before.

I believe the 'R' is used to identify round barreled guns in their records as New Englander serial#'s also start with 'R'.

Tech,
Reaching back into your TC knowledge have you ever seen a Thompson Center 45 caliber smooth bore ?
I ran across one (13/16 th ) barrel. No stock, was wondering if you had any knowledge of these ?

In a New Englander the R that precedes the serial number stands for Rifle. Same with Tree Hawks and Black Mountain Magnum. Those models have shotgun barrels models which have an S preceding the serial number.

Treehawk came in real tree or mossy oak the rare one to find is the black synthetic stock with blued barrel

Latest posts

Back