• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED TC Tang Peepsight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My eyes are getting worse as the years drag on, almost to the point of not being able to use the supplied sights on my Hawken.
As the title says, I'm in the market for a tang peep sight that will fit my TC Renegade 54 cal. I'm in Alberta and willing to pay premium for a good quality sight.
Cheers,
Grant.

Have you looked at the Lyman 57 SML or the Williams FP Hawken ? They do line up with the tang holes.
I enclosed a photo of them but these have the target knob instead of the screw adjustment.

Attachments

• tempImage4fBfxH.png
    tempImage4fBfxH.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Have you looked at the Lyman 57 SML or the Williams FP Hawken ? They do line up with the tang holes.
I enclosed a photo of them but these have the target knob instead of the screw adjustment.
Thanks Jim, no I’ve tried to find a border friendly company that would ship across the 49th but with zero luck. What are they worth on your side?

Please check the legality of shipping “firearms components” optics or so called “tactical” sights internationally beforehand, the laws are vague at best and better to err on the side of caution.
Yes that’s why I can’t locate any decent sights up here. Our muzzle loaders must have crossed the border at some point in order for us to own them. I fail to see why a simple tang site would cause such a headache.

Thanks Jim, no I’ve tried to find a border friendly company that would ship across the 49th but with zero luck. What are they worth on your side?
They run between 60-110 USD if you can find them in stock
.Williams is the lower price ones

MISTER JIM EVANS, DO YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL FIT ON A 32CAL. TRADITION?
I can not say if they will fit a Tradition rifle, never looked into it.
If you contact Williams or Lyman they could tell you for sure. Or they may have a model that will fit the Tradition rifle.

Laney Reece
This is what Tradition show for a Peep

Attachments

• 2489CABD-99FF-42D8-981C-BD5EA7481D4D.jpeg
    2489CABD-99FF-42D8-981C-BD5EA7481D4D.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 10
I just got off the phone with Williams gun sights. I was able to order a FP Hawken sight for my Hawken Renegade! They have them. The fellow I spoke with told me that my call was at the right time as they had been out of them for over a year. And the best news is they ship to Canukastan! He asked me about the truckers convoy happening in Ottawa and I told him that I hope Trudeaus time as prime minister is over quickly, and that Trudeau has run into hiding, claiming that he is covid positive. He stated that he would love to see Alberta as the 51st state. I totally agree with him in that regard.

I just got off the phone with Williams gun sights. I was able to order a FP Hawken sight for my Hawken Renegade! They have them. The fellow I spoke with told me that my call was at the right time as they had been out of them for over a year. And the best news is they ship to Canukastan! He asked me about the truckers convoy happening in Ottawa and I told him that I hope Trudeaus time as prime minister is over quickly, and that Trudeau has run into hiding, claiming that he is covid positive. He stated that he would love to see Alberta as the 51st state. I totally agree with him in that regard.
That's great news, hope the sight keeps you in the 10 ring

Hawken with 45 cal. Green mountain barrel and tang sight assembled a few years ago and never fired

Attachments

• 20220202_074305.jpg
    20220202_074305.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220202_074251.jpg
    20220202_074251.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 27
I will have to check to be sure
My wife has a 50 that she isn’t too happy with, she is quite recoil sensitive and I’d hate to see her being new at this lose interest because of the recoil. I’ve been toying with the idea of down sizing her barrel size. Maybe a 40 or 45 cal would be the answer for her.

Latest posts

Back