• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Patriot parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly, the locks on the Seneca and Cherokee rifles are the same basically as the Patriot lock. That might expand you search options.

I don't know if this will help or not, but it might.

RMC/Ox-Yoke carries some replacement parts for T/C locks and most of the internal replacement parts for Lyman (Investarms) locks. They state the T/C parts are for the T/C flintlock, but I think the internal parts for the flintlocks were the same as for percussion. I know the T/C Patriot/Seneca lock plates were smaller than the Hawken/Renegade lockplates, but I don't know about the internals. It would make since for T/C to have used the same internal parts on all of their locks to simplify inventory.

The Lyman/Investarms locks have a mechanism and coil springs which appear very similar to the T/C locks. I have not done a side-by-side comparison, though, and I don't know if any of the parts will interchange.

Anyway, they have the fly for T/C locks, and the coil mainspring for Lyman/Investarms locks. It might be worthwhile to call them and ask if these parts will fit your Patriot lock.

This outfit, Classic Firearms & Parts, has a bunch of T/C Patriot parts shown, although the mainspring and fly are out of stock. Numrich Gun Parts Corporation carries some T/C parts but I don't think they have the ones you need.

In my opinion, you best bet may be to call RMC/Ox-Yoke and ask if their replacement parts (as above) will fit a T/C Patriot. If not, your best recourse may be eBay.

Best of luck to you!

Notchy Bob

Back