• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Firestorm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My nephew has a Firestorm as do I. I put a Lyman frizzen on mine and the upgraded geometry hammer some years back. It’s been a reliable shooter ever since. The lock sparks great and is very very fast.

My nephew had the stock parts but I was able to get the newer style hammer and a Lyman frizzen on eBay. I cleaned up the lock and fitted the frizzen to his gun and the installed the hammer. Put in a new English flint and….

Attachments

• 8FEA3346-E310-4C1C-8B70-6195D4D4CB27.jpeg
    8FEA3346-E310-4C1C-8B70-6195D4D4CB27.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 7
I think you need more sparks…LOL!!!

I have a SS Firestorm which is my 1st flintlock. It’s all original and sparks well. I have a lyman replacement but never put it on. The only thing i did was have trigger lightened and different breechplug thats slightly concave as it only got real black powder down barrel. Sure is a good shooting gun.

For comparison. The TC makes a lot of spark. But.. This is a deluxe Siler that I have in a build I’m working on. Notice how all the sparks are confined to the pan and that they are also very hot.

Attachments

• F29182CF-D4F4-4453-B56C-42ADD6599A78.jpeg
    F29182CF-D4F4-4453-B56C-42ADD6599A78.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 0
My nephew has a Firestorm as do I. I put a Lyman frizzen on mine and the upgraded geometry hammer some years back. It’s been a reliable shooter ever since. The lock sparks great and is very very fast.

My nephew had the stock parts but I was able to get the newer style hammer and a Lyman frizzen on eBay. I cleaned up the lock and fitted the frizzen to his gun and the installed the hammer. Put in a new English flint and….
All the Firestorms I have seen (and the one I own) have the improved cock design and the through hardened frizzen as they were manufactured after TC made the design change. Believe you may be basically dancing the Hokey Pokey based on internet lore.

I have had one for some time now. The FS was designed for Pyrodex pellets, never tried any as I'm a loose powder guy. The FS works really well with real BP with that "ring of fire". The FS may drive traditionalists bonkers, but it is a sidelock that works even better with loose powder. It has SS construction, plastic stock and fiber optic sights; a great foul weather rifle that only needs a Cows Knee and some electrical tape on the muzzle and you are GTG!

Latest posts

Back