• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC 54 cal White Mountain Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSR

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a line on a 54cal TC White Mountain Carbine. The seller wants $300 for it. Is this a decent price? He says the rifle is in pretty good condition, won't know for sure until, I get more information, and hopefully some good photos.

That's high for a WMC, and even a little high for a Hawken. I had a WMC, it had a fast twist, that would only shoot maxi-balls. Kicked like a mule, and split the stock on one(TC replaced the stock back then). Was light and handy to carry. I shot a couple bucks with it. That's probably a fair price, if it was in excellent condition.

54cal White Mountain Carbines are pretty rare so, $300.00 would probably be a reasonable price if condition is as described.

I have one in .54, and it does have a 1-48 twist, I think all the .54 WMC did. I think I paid $330 for mine several months ago, excellent condition, and bought it for blind and tree stand hunting. I am putting a fixed rear sight on mine and I am going to try to replace the rubber butt pad with with a metal one.

Just to confuse things even more the first few 50cal. years of production where 1in20.Most just will not shot rb for anything.Later years 1in38,shoot rb pretty good with short barrel.

stude 283 said:
Just to confuse things even more the first few 50cal. years of production where 1in20.Most just will not shot rb for anything.Later years 1in38,shoot rb pretty good with short barrel.

They must have made that mistake allot or something and corrected later. I have an (unmentionable) TC Scout with the earlier 1-20 twist and that changed those also latter to 1-38. I wish mine was a later one and mine is a 54 cal.

i had one with the 1-20 twist and at 40 yards my son and i were shooting at an 18 in pizza box and we could not hit it at all using round balls. he switched to maxie balls and actually started shooting thru the same hole at 40yds. my son has it now and it still looks new

Back