• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C trigger spring

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Thompson Center Pennsylvania Hunter with a broken trigger spring. Of course Thompson Center doesn't have any in stock any more.
I wonder if anyone would know where I might be able to find one. The spring is small and not really visible in this photo.
thompson trigger.jpg

Except for the possibility that the trigger might shake around and rattle, I don't know why you would need a trigger spring for this.

I've built several guns that use a simple single trigger like that and I don't use a spring on them. They work fine. :)

Give S & W a call,1-866-730-1614 or 1-413-781-8300, I have gotten parts off them since they bought out T/C.
You may even want to see if the Lyman single trigger spring would fit, since they come close to T/C.

Cain's Outdoors has some oddball TC parts, they might have one. Their website doesn't come up but they have an ebay store. At one time I needed a TC sear spring, they had it for 6 bucks but wanted $13 to ship it if I ordered it one line,(it is less than the size of a pencil eraser) I went elsewhere. The guy who goes by Ed in WV here is the Cain's guy, he may be able to help you out and I am sure he wouldn't have the online order shipping cost.

I've dealt with Cain's in the past. I didn't think they had too many replacement parts left.
Anyway, I went to the fishing department at Walmart and found these spinnerbaits. Fabricated a spring out of one and it worked
like a champ. Back in business. Thanks to all for the suggestions.100_2779.JPG

Latest posts

Back