• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Renegade Green Mountain IBS revisited

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakota

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A while back I posted about all of the trouble I was having with a used .54 caliber Renegade I picked up and how I eventually gave in and bartered for a 32" Green Mountain Barrel 1-70" twist. Well all I have to say is WOW! This barrel is phenomenal. Sunday I was consistently drilling the vitals on a cardboard deer target from 125 yards shooting from a kneeling posistion. I was also able to hit a 2 liter pop bottle 4 out of 5 times at that distance. This barrel has pretty much made my Renegade a "point and click" rifle. Only seven months to go until deer season. Cant wait!

I have several Green Mountain Barrels for my Renegades. All of them are great shooters to say the least.

My .58 caliber 1-70 twist is exceptional in the accuracy department. Also I have a .50 caliber 1-70 twist for one of my Hawkins rifles and that has really amazed me with it's over all accuracy.

I have a .62 caliber smoothbore for the Renegade and while it will hold good groups from 40 yards and in with roundball it does well with bird shot as well.

Last I have two barrels in .50 caliber with 1-28 twists which are exceptional shooters for modern projectiles.

Green Mountain has sure made the Renegade a do anything kind of rifle for me...

I have a 32 inch 45 cal green mountain barrel with a 1 in 60 twist on my renegade with a L&R lock and that gun is a tack driver, best shooting gun I own.

I had another person ask me the same thing. What did you do with all the original barrels. Since I own a number of different Renegades...

I told him I still shoot them from time to time and have tried to make them a speciality barrel. One of the .54 caliber Renegades shoots conicals excellent, so I have really pushed to get the most accuracy out of conicals with that barrel only.. Another is a great roundball shooter, so I mounted peep sights on one Renegade and when I shoot that barrel reset the peep.

It makes for a real interesting collection to say the least.

Latest posts

Back