• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawkens

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a TC Hawken .50cal in a pawn shop a couple years back for $100, then last year I picked up a .45cal barrel for it off ebay for around $85.

Also own a TC New Englander .50cal and TC Cherokee with .32 and .45cal barrels.

Wish my wife thought that way, she wouldn't have even told me about it, says I have too many already...though she didn't complain when i surprized her with a Seneca!!

Now i have to throw the 'hawk to win anything when she shoots:)

Built my first T/C Hawken from a kit back in the 70's. It was a .50 cal. and used it for hunting and target shooting. Bought a used .45 in the early 90's with a drop dead beautiful walnut stock. I just picked up another .50 and I'm currently refinishing it and browning the barrel. Can't wait to get it out to the range.
Regards
Bob

reddogge said:
I bought a .50 kit in 1978 and it was a very good shooter. Sold it since I moved into building my own rifles and moved more to flintlocks. This is my brother in law's TC I redid for him.
MaxTCright.jpg

Reddogge, that's the best looking T/C I've ever seen. Could you give a rundown on how you built it? I could go for something like that.

Reddogge,
I couldnt agree more with what Boonedocker said. That is one FINE lookin TC Hawken! I too would like to know what all you did to put that beautiful rifle together.

After I retired from the Army, I spent some time working in the local sport shop. Over the years there I saw plenty of guys with the problems with their CVA, Traditions & etc guns. When I got into muzzle loading I already knew TC stood behind their products better than anyone else and you normally didn't have problems with them either.
Had I not found this damn forum, I might have been happy with just a TC Hawken 54 cal. Now I find I have added a 50 and recently a 45 TC Hawken. Plus I bought a 32 Cherokee and just traded a 45 cal Seneca barrel for a 36 cal Seneca barrel. Now I am up grading all of them to peep sights. Eyes too old to see open sights anymore.
The new TC 45 Hawken will be my target rifle and installed a Lyman 57 on it. If the snow ever melts and warms up I can't wait to get out to my rifle range and shoot it.

Fishhog said:
reddogge said:
I bought a .50 kit in 1978 and it was a very good shooter. Sold it since I moved into building my own rifles and moved more to flintlocks. This is my brother in law's TC I redid for him.
MaxTCright.jpg
Very Nice!!!!!.Ray

reddogge, it's hard to believe that used to be a TC, I'd love a gun that looks like that, would you mind telling me what all you did to get it looking like that, I picked up a TC Hawkens at a gunshow a couple of weeks ago, that is a little ruff but the price was right, would make a great project gun for something like that. Thanks

I wish reddogge would answer us, I picked up a TC hawkens 45 used at a gunshow awhile back that I'd love to turn into something like that???

Latest posts

Back