• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T C hawken Production

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubledroptop

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what the last production serial number was for the T C Hawken rifle that was discontinued in 2012? Did the factory keep records on the weapons that were built after the fire? Has anyone put together a list of serial numbers with dates based on guns that have been bought and sold over the years? Would the owners of these guns be willing to provide serial numbers and original purchase dates?

Welcome Too tall :hatsoff:

Your question seems to be a good head scratcher. The serial numbers would no doubt include kit guns as well as factory built ones. :hmm:

I have no idea what the last T/C Hawken serial number was and I don't know if the T/C folks have those records but you might give them a call and ask. All I have is a .50 cal caplock that I built from a kit in about 1974. It has a serial number of K37888. I also have a factory built .50 cal. T/C flintlock but I have no idea when it was built. It had a serial number of 75077. I know that is of no help but it is all I have to offer. :idunno:

I don't know about the black powder guns,butI know that the records for the Contenders,and Encores did survive. Call them. Maybe you will get lucky.

Too tall said:
Does anyone have any idea what the last production serial number was for the T C Hawken rifle that was discontinued in 2012? Did the factory keep records on the weapons that were built after the fire? Has anyone put together a list of serial numbers with dates based on guns that have been bought and sold over the years? Would the owners of these guns be willing to provide serial numbers and original purchase dates?
As you already know that when TC had the fire all their records were destroyed. That was back before the computer age and everything was done on paper.

Do not know when TC went to filing their inventory to include serial numbers to computer? :idunno:

I do know that they made major changes in design to both their factory builds as well as their kits.

The new design included some of the following:

1. Change in hammer design
2. BP Warning and the word Hawken stamped on the barrel.
3. Another change in both front and rear sights.
4. Quick Load Accurizor (QLA) barrel
5. Tang bolt ran down through stock and anchored into the trigger guard.
6.external lock bolt washer, instead of being recessed.
7. No cleanout screw on the newer barrels.

Also the new kits had all the new features listed above to include:
1. The barrel was factory blued.
2. They removed the letter "K" that was always in front of the serial number and gave it just a plain serial number.

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

My TC kit was purchased 1975 or 76 if I recall correctly. It does not have Hawken or the warning on the barrel. The serial number is K50XX.

That should give some reference to others.

I may be wrong on the date that I purchased my kit. I had previously purchased a CVA kit and was disappointed in the quality. My serial number is about 4 digit.

Tried contacting Company. They are now apparently owned by Smith and Wesson and do not seem to eager to want to talk about history. I was not aware that the kit guns did not contain a K in front of the serial number anymore. Now makes me wonder if the .54 Caliper that I just picked up could have been a kit gun instead of a factory as I was told. I will continue to research this issue just because I am curious but in the mean time I need to get out and learn to shoot it as this is my first experience with a muzzleloader.

I agree with the Mad Professor since S&W took over TC, you can't get any parts. I had to replace the lock in my 50 cal. with a replacement lock from L&R. There is no more written guarantee ant more. The life time guarantee went out the window when S&W took over

Back