• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swapping dual trigger for single hunting type on T/C Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change out might not be too difficult. I had been thinking about the same thing and this thread got me to looking at it. Here's a picture of the two side by side. The screw holes and the Inletting are a match sooo... you could put the Renegade single trigger into the double trigger inlet. BUT the Renegade single trigger and trigger guard are one piece. Therefore you would then be removing the double trigger guard and will have an unfilled inlet remaining in the stock where the rear screw attaches the longer trigger guard to the stock. The conversion method of just removing the rear trigger should work pretty good since the pivot point of the single trigger is a match to the pivot point of the front trigger of the double triggers.

You could also make a trigger plate to match the plate of the double triggers and pin a single trigger to the stock. That way you would still be using the larger trigger guard.

20211213_183528_copy_800x600.jpg

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I procured one of those single trigger components when they first came out. Problem was it was exactly the same hard pull as the regular trigger without setting it. In other words, it was very two stagish and strenuous to squeeze. Did not benefit the Renegade in any way. Took it off and tossed it into a drawer never to be seen again.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I procured one of those single trigger components when they first came out. Problem was it was exactly the same hard pull as the regular trigger without setting it. In other words, it was very two stagish and strenuous to squeeze. Did not benefit the Renegade in any way. Took it off and tossed it into a drawer never to be seen again.

That would likely be the case. While the pivot points match perfectly in relation to the trigger plates AND the lock sear, the trigger shoe on the single trigger system is further back by nearly an inch.

Back