• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Thompson Center Dual Set Trigger(s) - Tuned/Smoothed - Early Type

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have three Thompson Center dual set triggers for sale. These are the early type that do not have the clearance hole for the through tang bolt. If you have two wood screws in your tang, these are the correct ones. They do not have the small main spring adjustment screw (located behind the rear trigger) feature that was added to later variations. I have stoned the appropriated parts on these assemblies to make them as smooth as possible. They are for sale individually or as a set of all.

I am asking $50 each or $150 for all and that includes shipping through Priority Mail (USPS). I take USPS Money Orders as payment, or I can take a debit/credit card with the added 3.5% fee they charge me.

IMG_1010.JPG

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to win a bid on a T/C Hawken 50cal. Only thing is he said the double set trigger didn't work. Only primary. Not sure what type it is yet. Will keep you in mind when I receive it for replacement.

Just let me know if you find you need one. I would bet that if you will show a picture of the trigger assembly removed from the stock, we can help you get it fixed in short order.

I have a Renegade and the rear set trigger is very hard to pull and set. How can I lighten the pull on the rear trigger. Once set the front trigger is nice.

Scratch, having a hard to pull rear trigger is actually a plus for some shooters. It leaves no doubt that you are going to have a good strong trigger bar contact with the sear when it is released. If it is bothersome to you, here is how you can lighten it some. Take the trigger assembly out and look at the screw that is at the rear of the assembly (Inside/rear), that holds the main spring in. It should be a Allen head screw if you have a TC. You can loosen that a little and get some relief. Don't loosen it so far that the main spring has side to side free play. Test it while it is still out of the stock. There are also ways to smooth it up, but I would rather not try to detail that in writing. That is something best observed for the first time.

Received the rifle today. Took the trigger assembly out. Doesn't look like the front part of the set trigger will catch on to the main trigger.
IMG_20230525_181327674.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230525_181253232.jpg
    IMG_20230525_181253232.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230525_181200519.jpg
    IMG_20230525_181200519.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Just let me know if you find you need one. I would bet that if you will show a picture of the trigger assembly removed from the stock, we can help you get it fixed in short order.
Have the trigger out and sent some pictures. Not sure if I did it right or not. Let me know.
Thanks. Think I'll need to get one from you. Just need to know how you would like to handle it.

Have the trigger out and sent some pictures. Not sure if I did it right or not. Let me know.
Thanks. Think I'll need to get one from you. Just need to know how you would like to handle it.
I can not readily see any problem with your trigger - nothing real obvious. I have sent you a PM.

I’m interested in one trigger set. Newer to traditional muzzleloading and have a stock missing some parts and a barrel I’m trying to mate up. It looks like my tang holes don’t pass through so I think these triggers will work. I probably need to join the group to make a connection but trying to post as a guest to see if you still have trigger assemblies left. -Travis Goodwin.

I’m interested in one trigger set. Newer to traditional muzzleloading and have a stock missing some parts and a barrel I’m trying to mate up. It looks like my tang holes don’t pass through so I think these triggers will work. I probably need to join the group to make a connection but trying to post as a guest to see if you still have trigger assemblies left. -Travis Goodwin.
I think I’m joined now, once admin’s approval this should post…

So you know alot about double triggers. I've looked at your pictures. My Investarms double look similar to your TC's. The gun I bought has the set trigger missing. I tried the fire trigger and it seems light, to me. (I have three other Investarms with doubles. The front trigger on them is noticeably more difficult until the rear is set.

Can you think of an explanation to this condition and could it be the reason the former owner removed the set? Thanks for your help, Steve

Steve, I would be guessing without seeing a picture or two of the trigger group out of the stock. My best guess is when the rear trigger was removed, the person also took out any and all springs with it. That would basically allow the front trigger to move w/o any resistance until it contacts the sear bar. If it is real light when firing the gun, there is also a chance they changed something on the trigger group or the lock components. I would first take one of the trigger groups out of the other rifles (assuming they are the same) install it and see how that works. If you need further assistance, just send me a PM and we will see what can be done. I will need pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back