• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swamped barrel..help me!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Q.

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am looking for a .40 cal smoothbore swamped barrel 11' long for my new project...
Any idea where I can find it ?

Suggestions are very welcomed...Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Andy :wink:

Send a PT to dixie here on the Forum. I bet he could build you one for a decent price. He won't be back home from Friendship until after this weekend.

Andy,
Probably your best bet would be to contact Ed Rayl (PO box 91 Gassaway, West Virgina, USA 26624, 304-364-8269) or Bob Hoyt (700 Fairfield Station Road, Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA 17320, 717-642-6696). I am sure they would make the barrel but it will take a while. No one makes a stock 11" swamped smoothbore pistol barrel. Jim Chambers sells a 12" rifled swamped barrel and Ed Rayl supplies 10" rifled swamped octagon barrels as well as 10" smoothbore octagon-round pistol barrels to Stonewall Creek Outfitters in Virginia.
The link mentioned by bowkill also make work. He seems to produce barrels in many different profiles and smoothbore as well.
dave

Latest posts

Back