• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member coming fast out of the gate with a unusual idea/request

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Marinduque Island, Philippines. Sounds like a neat project. Makes me think of Yosemitie Sam on the camel, as Rif Raf Sam.. ( Stuuuuped Camel ) lol... Best of luck finding what you need.

I'm aware, but I'm really in love with the ridiculous, so if I'm going to do it, I wanna go big.

I've heard the name Hoyt thrown around quite a bit, but I've also heard he's difficult to contact. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good craftsman, but I like to have all the details clarified before I spend the money. If I'm constantly chasing phone calls I need to know it's worth it.

Thanks.
Bob is known for a very good reason , so do not dally as time and age affect us all . With Mr Hoyt after probably 9-10 barrels relined/bored out to different caliber or freshened up be comforted in Bob earned every contact he ever had !! You could not find a single complaint of any kind from anyone so stop with the research and pick up the phone , only newbes would question his work/ethics or his timely skill on communication and no I'm not related but if I was I'd be more broke buying sewer pipes for him to restore in my choice of caliber twist rate /Ed

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm getting into the age in life when I can afford some of the dumb fun toys I couldn't when I was younger. One of the styles of gun I really love is the jezzail, the camel back rifles with the cartoonishly long barrels. It's next to impossible to find one that's actually in shooting shape, so I'm opting to try to make one.

So my parameters for my project are that I want it to be a percussion lock, with a long barrel(at least 45, more if possible), in a very high caliber(preferably .72) the action shouldn't be too hard to find, what's going to be a gripe to find is someone who could make the barrel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
Welcome and keep us updated on your search

Back