Stupid, stupid, stupid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
i think i will mount these and put them on my shooting bench.
probably twice this amount blown out with air or pumped out with grease. this is the last 30 years collection.
20230128_112432.jpg

jdbama80

32 Cal
Reaction score
I shot my first flintlock yesterday. I was so excited after I loaded the rifle and shot it successfully. I was thrilled, thinking that I’m going to love this new hobby. I quickly lubed up another spit patch and started the ball down the barrel when I realized “Dang-it” I forgot the powder. My first dry ball. I thought my day might be over until I realized I had my ball puller with me. I had never used one so I wasn’t sure how it would work. The ball came right out after screwing the ball puller in as much as I could. I thought to myself “I’m an official flint locker now”.

Over all, the day of shooting was good. My accuracy sucks but I think it’s because my vent hole is to small and it ignited slow with a lot of failure to fires on first pull but I was most proud of overcoming my first dry ball.

flconch53

40 Cal
Reaction score
I shot my first flintlock yesterday. I was so excited after I loaded the rifle and shot it successfully. I was thrilled, thinking that I’m going to love this new hobby. I quickly lubed up another spit patch and started the ball down the barrel when I realized “Dang-it” I forgot the powder. My first dry ball. I thought my day might be over until I realized I had my ball puller with me. I had never used one so I wasn’t sure how it would work. The ball came right out after screwing the ball puller in as much as I could. I thought to myself “I’m an official flint locker now”.

Over all, the day of shooting was good. My accuracy sucks but I think it’s because my vent hole is to small and it ignited slow with a lot of failure to fires on first pull but I was most proud of overcoming my first dry ball.
What are you shooting for powder?

Latest posts