• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stuart Willis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc_cooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Stuart Willis, well known maker of fine tomahawks, passed away yesterday morning from a heart attack at work. Stuart was 48 and left a wife and daughter.
Stuart was a good friend and a good man. He will be missed by many.

Mike Broach

That is just sad. Stuart was one hellava tomahawk maker, and good guy. He really knew his steel and how to work it. He will be missed. My heart felt condolences to all his family and loved ones. RIP Stuart. Sorry you had to leave so soon. Your friend, Wick

My heart and prayers go out to his family.

I reached out to Stuart a couple of times about his tomahawk's. He didn't mind sharing how he did things. His work was absolutely stunning! He will be greatly missed.

My hart sanck when I read this. I am the lucky owner of one of his tomahawks. You could not think of a nicer guy to deal with and his work was just great. This man made a lasting impression on me. It is so sad to loose someone like him so much to soon.

Stuart got me started in blacksmithing about 15 yrs ago..very much a traditionalist,he really knew his forging techniques,tools you name it..I usually saw him 2-3 times a week or spoke on the phone, he worked in the same auto parts store 33 yrs,going to be hard to fill that hole in my heart...he will be truly missed.RIP Stuart.....Butch

Is this the guy who used to live close to, or on the House in the Horseshoe property? Belonged to the 84th?

Stuart was a great inspiration for me when I started making tomahawks. I am saddened to hear of his passing. My prayers go out to his family. Godspeed Stuart.

Latest posts

Back