• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stay In Your Lane!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At the Georgia State Shoot this weekend, the shooters at the table to the right of us, were posting targets to the left of us. Instead of posting targets straight out from their shooting table, they were posting targets to the left of us, and coming into our lane to shoot them! So my son and I would have to wait until they were out of the way so we could shoot. The area straight in front of their station was wide open. I just don't get it, I would never do such a thing. Some people are rude and just don't care I reckon.

They were also posting targets at 25 and 50 way over to the left of their wide open shooting lane.

Last edited:
At the Georgia State Shoot this weekend, the shooters at the table to the right of us, were posting targets to the left of us. Instead of posting targets straight out from their shooting table, they were posting targets to the left of us, and coming our lane to shoot them! So my son and I would have to wait until they were out of the way so we could shoot. The area straight in front of their station was wide open. I just don't get it, I would never do such a thing. Some people are rude and just don't care I reckon.

They were also posting targets at 25 and 50 way over to the left of their wide open shooting lane.
Did you make this problem known to the people running the shooting match?

At the Georgia State Shoot this weekend, the shooters at the table to the right of us, were posting targets to the left of us. Instead of posting targets straight out from their shooting table, they were posting targets to the left of us, and coming our lane to shoot them! So my son and I would have to wait until they were out of the way so we could shoot. The area straight in front of their station was wide open. I just don't get it, I would never do such a thing. Some people are rude and just don't care I reckon.

I am not sure how the Georgia State Shoot is run, but most organized shoots I have attended have clearly identified targets (usually large numbers above or below the target) with matching shooting positions. And before the range goes hot, shooters are asked to call out their target number.

Sounds like you attended a poorly organized match, at least in my opinion. Or maybe I expect too much.

I am not sure how the Georgia State Shoot is run, but most organized shoots I have attended have clearly identified targets (usually large numbers above or below the target) with matching shooting positions. And before the range goes hot, shooters are asked to call out their target number.

Sounds like you attended a poorly organized match, at least in my opinion. Or maybe I expect too much.
Not going to justify the shooters behavior. I have created a new charter club and we have monthly shoots. Yep, lots of shooting each others targets by accident. Gets confusing when you have say 10 targets up next to each other. Been three years of it and one of our members stepped up and made some numbers to attach to our target frames to id your target this month. Viola! No more of shooting others targets. Great simple addition solution. The club which hosted this shoot is a long time club but only has hosted this kind of serious match twice now that I know of. So three oops. One should not shoot across lanes, two someone should have spoke up, three RSO or club should have had some numbers or other help id the shooters target. This club stepped up to host this shoot that has been vacated for 4 or 5 years. Thanks to them for doing it. Things will get better as they are good caring folks.

To give you a better idea, this is a picture from my shooting table. The shooters at the table to the right of me, were the ones doing it. They were posting targets at the 100yd left of my 6 bull at the 25yd.

IMG_6716.JPG

Not going to justify the shooters behavior. I have created a new charter club and we have monthly shoots. Yep, lots of shooting each others targets by accident. Gets confusing when you have say 10 targets up next to each other. Been three years of it and one of our members stepped up and made some numbers to attach to our target frames to id your target this month. Viola! No more of shooting others targets. Great simple addition solution. The club which hosted this shoot is a long time club but only has hosted this kind of serious match twice now that I know of. So three oops. One should not shoot across lanes, two someone should have spoke up, three RSO or club should have had some numbers or other help id the shooters target. This club stepped up to host this shoot that has been vacated for 4 or 5 years. Thanks to them for doing it. Things will get better as they are good caring folks.

👍

IMG_4334.jpeg

Typical 2023 behavior unfortunately. All are 10% dumber this year than last and will be 10% dumber next year. This applies to those that have lost the ability to think and yes, its republicans, democrats, conservatives and liberals. Its black and white and male and female. Keep teaching your kids to think. School has all but abandoned it, like we discussed in another thread...what if they had to use a card catalog at the library to learn or report on a class project??? Take us a few years to teach this generation how to do that stuff. And just for fun let's tie up the cell phones to a 6' cord. HA

Last edited:
I was at my gun club range a few years ago and had some targets on the 50 yard stand and some guy shows up I had never seen before get out his revolver and shoots my target like it belongs to him .I just unloaded my mouth on his a-- Bet he want do that to me again

I don't understand this type behavior. When posting targets, when I get out to the target line I turn around and look back to the table where I am setup to ensure I am in front of it. It didn't seem that crowded that it was hard to post your target in front of your table. I had a target at 100 yards that was at least 5 feet away from the next closest target and someone put 2 shots through mine! At least they were shooting a different caliber:doh:

Back