• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Starr By Pietta

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still curious how these guns shoot. I’ve heard they don’t like conicals—if you guys know whether or not starr had a proprietary mould, lmk!

My SA shoots well enough but the DA is very different. I fired each a coupe of times then went back to my Colts. The reach to the hammer on the SA for my thumb is very long and uncomfortable. I am also concerned about parts availability.

Starr did have a proprietary conical. I have two original molds but I haven’t cast or fired bullets yet - a future project. I’ve seen those molds in original cased sets (where I plan to use mine) and I doubt they were suitable for mass production for cartridges.

Saw a Pietta Starr single action go for $1000 recently.

They’re collectors items unto themselves. Shooting them is NOT recommended, as parts are more scarce than originals (which won’t fit the replica btw).

To any Pietta Starr owners out there, single or double action, don’t get too attached to it! It’s not a matter of if but when one of those impossible to find parts breaks...

Back