• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

St Louis Possibles Bag - October Country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PALongbow

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone own or ever seen the October Country St Louis possibles bag? I am thinking about purchasing one and wanted to get some feedback.

Ron

Hey guys
Make your own possibles bag!
I made my own shooting bag and it's not difficult, just time consuming. Trust me,
you'll like the bag so much more knowing you made it yourself.
Feel free to contact me if I can help
Good luck

:applause: Like the man said. Do it yourself. Thats what us older people did when we didn't have any money and no one made things like this to sell to flatlanders.

I'm not very good at working with leather and not too sure where to begin although that thought has crossed my mind of actually making a bag.

Ron

Ron, October country makes a quality bag with quality materials at a fair price, I make bags of all different types, custom knife sheaths and other leather accoutrements, making your own bag is not that difficult, what you'll need in tools is fairly simple, the problem is finding decent leather of a good weight and finish! although some leathers say they are 4 to 6 oz weight, which is ok for a bag, the way they are tanned and finished, they may be soft and therefore a bit loose and flimsy, 6 to 8 oz is ideal, by the time you purchase your leather which may be anywhere from 10 to 20 sq. feet at 4 to 5 dollars a sq ft for quality stuff and purchase some basic tools and thread , not to mention the time involved, you could have purchased a bag, BUT! there is the satisfaction in knowing that you made it and you do get exactly what you want the way you want it! if i can help answer any questions feel free to email me at [email protected], Jim

I'm not sure what model of October Country bag I have, but it is of excellent quality, and should do you well. I Don't think I'll ever wear it out, very heavy grade leather, and well sewn. Bill

I have an October Country Seneca Shooting Bag, and it's very well built. I've used it for years and it shows no signs of wear.

Jon

Latest posts

Back