• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best place to purchase possible bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are usually people listing bags in the this forums classified section. I have purchased handmade products from Two Feathers and his products are very well made and customer service outstanding. I am sure others on the forum also provide great products also, I just haven't dealt with them. Why not support forum vendors?

Yes, the classified ads here are a good place. The Contemporary Longrifle Association always has bags by artisans there as well. Between all the choices here there is something for every taste and budget.

Thanks to every one for all the info. I believe I'll meander on over to classifieds first and see what I can come across.

I have a couple of bags stored in my trade goods trailer but it would be a couple of days before I can retrieve them to show you. I've sold several of them here on the forum.

Here are a few that I've made for members and one I donated as a raffle prize for the Hawken Classic.
84209-af85bd64e9cc95622f5b61c67e5bb054.jpg
84212-27f6362bce157916fe86c4b1fa30a8bc.jpg
95138-f6569e061860feea2c86312c596166d9.jpg
95131-f88860ba70310be126804ac2ed4b5aa8.jpg
95131-f88860ba70310be126804ac2ed4b5aa8.jpg
IMGP1088.JPG

Corey Joe Stewart makes some great bags and horns. He has a couple of shot pouches for sale right now on the ALR forum, there are a couple guys there who have nice upscale haversack style bags for sale that would be good for possibles like fire kits, cordage, gun cleaning kit, compass, lunch, tin cup, and all the other stuff that doesn't go in your shot pouch,,, but you might possibly want.

I have a couple of Corey Joe's horns and recommend his work highly. He advertises on the ALR classifieds but sales go through his Etsy site.

I am looking to purchase a new possible bag and the store I have used for such things in past has closed. Any help would be appreciated.
Look at any local history encampment. I'm sure someone will be selling something that you need
Cool Way to get things and get to know the person who crafted the product
I am looking to purchase a new possible bag and the store I have used for such things in past has closed. Any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, you may want to consider making a bag yourself........... After all, our ancestors usually didn't have someplace to buy their shooting accessories.

While it might not be as perfect as a bag made by a company and/or a talented non-professional. It can be very satisfying for you.

These are two, of the several bags I have made for myself ( the Cross of Lorraine bag's strap was bought from a fellow board member who is a talented maker (thanks, KLWeaver ! )

GNBm4dal.jpg

hrWopBzl.jpg

Last edited:
Back