• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrels beware???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings brothers.

Haven't said much of late though I've stopped in regularly. Thinking of going squirrel hunting soon. It's been awhile, with my vision problems, since I could pick out a bushytail amongst the foliage. That's changed this week.

I had cataract removals, lens replacements and some laser assisted astigmatism re-contouring on both peepers, yesterday and the day prior.

Long story short, I received new eyeglass lenses this afternoon and haven't seen this well since I was a boy! Thanking the Good Lord that all went well with no big complications. So thankful, indeed.

Squirrels beware??? Yes, I think so. A new lease on life, and, I'm gonna make the most of it!

Wanted to drop in and say "Hey" to my friends here. Hope we all have some great hunting this year, of all years. Best of luck.

Best regards, Ol' Eagle Eyes......aka Skychief.
great news, have fun!!!!!

It’s a taste all it’s own, though the rabbit comparison isn’t too far off. Squirrels get really tough and chewy if they are older, almost to the point of being inedible outside of slow cooked stews or low temp baking.
that is because that the squirrels use every muscle in there little body to run through the trees.

Most chicken I eat is factory grown and has no taste. Likewise pigs. Am old enuff to remember the taste of a real porkchop. That's all gone a half century now.

The Lady who cooks around here doesn't cook any thing wild.

Tasteless factory pigs, factory chickens. But she spices & cooks them very well.

It’s a taste all it’s own, though the rabbit comparison isn’t too far off. Squirrels get really tough and chewy if they are older, almost to the point of being inedible outside of slow cooked stews or low temp baking.

As soon as you butcher them, put them old geezers in a ziplock in the fridge for 4-5 days and they’ll be as tender as a puppy.

Get after em Skychief.

Seeing as they're closely related, that would make sense.

But I'd prefer the lizard. Chickens are the dirtiest, nastiest, animal in the yard.
I call store bought chicken rubber chicken! My wife phoned to say "Bill is killing and dressing his yard chickens for sale do I want one?"
I sure do was my reply. It tasted just how they use to!

The other half will cook wild game but will not eat it, usually I will fix the harvest and she what she wants, funny story the other day I was talking to my hunting buddy and the subject of supper came up he ask what we were fixing I told him meat loaf, mashed potatoes, gravy sautéed sugar peas and home made rolls. He said he fixed that the other day used half ground deer and half beef, his wife said how good it was so I ask him if he told her to which he replied no. Now this is a woman who grew up in New York City and married a WVa. Hillbilly. This also the woman who made us fry rabbit outside on the grill the other year when we were goose hunting. Go figure. It is getting cooler here in the mornings, Had a light frost the other morning have to see what happens in the next few days. might be time for baked squirrel pot pie.

Back